Comparison current time

Hi,

I want when the user click on a button that if the current time is after 4:00 PM, he will go to another page. How can I make that ?

This one is not working.

Thanks for your help

@karimoo (the time guru) may have other thoughts on this, but because of the fact that you can’t put custom formulas in conditional actions, it can’t really be done this way. The only option is to make the button a list of something (call the collection timeframes or whatever) that has start and end date properties. Then you can control flow based on whether the Current time is between the start and end dates of the timeframe that the button represents in the list. The only issue with this is that all times come with a date attached as well, regardless of how you format it. To get around this, you’ll have to make sure new timeframes are created each day… very tricky.

In short, this is a very tricky thing to do. Can you give us some more context to provide some other alternatives to accomplish the same goal?

Thanks for your answer.
I want to create an ordering app for food. I want that if the user order before 11:00 AM, the order is ok for the day and if the user order after 11:00 a message appear that the order is for tomorrow. How can I do that please ?

Gotcha. The issue with doing times that aren’t tied to dates as well is that Adalo can format dates as times for display purposes, but it can’t (yet) evaluate just times for arbitrary days. The only way around this is to create a database in advance that holds a record for every day of the year at the same time. Then you will be able to evaluate whether or not the order placed is before or after the datetime record for that day. This is kinda tricky (but not impossible) to do and date/time upgrades are a frequent request on the feedback site: Feature Requests | Adalo

Hi @Nico21,

There is some workaround I could suggest.
Please see the video here: Adalo experiments: conditional actions based on current time - YouTube

@pford that should work, what do you think?

Best regards, Victor.

2 Likes

Yeahhh buddy that’s killer! :fire: :fire:

Well done as always @Victor. I thought there might be a way to do it better, that’s why I tagged Karimoo, but your method is rock solid.

1 Like

Thanks @pford :slight_smile:

Thank you very much @Victor. It’s exactly what I need.

1 Like

Glad I could help @Nico21!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.