Convert checkbox TRUE/FALSE data

Hi,
I have a form where the user should answer with a checkbox and therefore the answer will be TRUE or FALSE in the database.

What I wanna do is following:
I have a questionnaire.

For each question there is three parts (a, b, c) e.g. 1a, 1b, 1c.

1a, 1b, 1c
2a, 2b, 2c
3a, 3b, 3c
etc.

1. In the database I wanna have a property “Question 1”. If 1a or 1b or 1c = TRUE (marked) I want the property “Question 1” to be true. Is it possible? How?

2. I wanna show a bar chart with Question 1, Question 2 etc. where
    X-axis = Question number
    Y-axis = Number of people (rows in the database) that have “Question 1” as true, “Question 2” as true etc. I dont wanna show 1a, 1b, 1c in the graph, only 1, 2, 3 etc. where 1 is TRUE if any of 1a, 1b, 1c is true.

First I was thinking if the checkbox was marked (=TRUE) I could make an automatic field that says Question 1 = 1 (number format) and then I could show it in a graph. But don´t know how to solve it.

Best regards,
Fredrik
Hope anyone can help me.

You could have a collection of questions with a property for the question and then a property for a subtext and a true/false property for a answer. Do this for b subtext, b answer, c subtext, c answer. Also have a property for question answer. When the user selects the true/false toggle for a/b/c then have that update an action on the questions collection to also set the question answer property as true. Now you will be able to show that if any of a/b/c are true then the question answer is true.

Of course you’ll want a relationship between the questions collection and the user so you know who answered the question.

For the graph you should be able to take a count of all questions collection > question 1 > true

1 Like

Hi @ashley

Sorry for interfering - does your solution mean, that one need to create a new record for the new user in questions collection before the actual answer is submitted (i.e. when entering the screen)? Otherwise how the toggles will work - they need a real record to connect to, or am I wrong?

Best, Victor

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.