Create a watchlist

How do i make a watchlist. this is a shop app. say you were looking through the listings and you come across a listing you want to add to your watchlist. how do you get that data via a button from the current listing to another logged in user screen that just displays all their items they are watching? (from multiple data collections)

Hello, in order to create a watchlist, you should create a relationship between the (Users) collection and the Collection that you would like to add its records to the watchlist. Then add a button in the list and create an action to this button which will be (Update logged in user => Scroll down to see this new relationship => Add current record). Finally, create a screen with a list that will contain “Logged in user => Watchlist”.

Thank you!

i dont have the add current record option in the relationship list.

Can you please specify the type of relationship that you have chosen while creating it?

Thank you!

Hi Ali,

i have my 3 collections where users can list their products. then i created a watchlist item collection that the 3 collections have a many to many relationship. and also have a user to watchlist relationship (top selection of options)

Can someone please help me with this?

Hello, so in order for it to work, the relationship should be like this : Many to Many relationship between the (Users and watchlist records collection). And that’s it for the database. So please make sure that this relationship only is taking place.

Thank you!

Check here : How to create a "Favorite" button - Adalo Resources

The same setup like favourites that you can use a Many to Many relationship like @Ali-Bazzi mentioned!

So as @dilon_perera said, using the Many to Many relationship is the solution for your issue.

I hope I have solved your issue,
Thank you!

Thanks guys sorted!!

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.