Create-adalo-component error

Hi what do I use to run this on windows? node.js command prompt or just command prompt.

I’ve tried on both. after I run “code .” and then run “yarn start” I get an error. here is a couple lines of it.here is a couple lines of it.

ERROR in Entry module not found: Error: Can’t resolve ‘babel-loader’ in ‘C:\Users\offic\discord-button’
i 「wdm」: Failed to compile.
× 「wdm」: Hash: 374c95a0674df5ca4b0e
Version: webpack 4.46.0
Time: 3663ms
Built at: 02/27/2021 4:18:21 PM

ERROR in Entry module not found: Error: Can’t resolve ‘babel-loader’ in ‘C:\Users\offic\discord-button’
i 「wdm」: Failed to compile.
[Sat Feb 27 2021 16:18:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)] Connected to server.

Can anyone help me? What I am trying to do is create a button for users to link their discord account to their profile and another button that will enable other users to be redirected to the first user’s discord profile. (I also need one for facebook messenger, Line, Instagram, Twitter, and just an email link but that one i think is already a component.)

I am crazy for thinking this should not be that hard of a thing to accomplish? Keep in mind I am still learning code… Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David
Mr DJ

hey @djlegend910, i’m pretty sure the adalo development tools don’t work on windows :frowning:
someone at adalo will have to confirm but I think someone else already asked this question on the forums.

1 Like

Hi ok thank you. That is very unfortunate to hear. Hopefully it is not the case or can be remedied soon.

Could you please tell me if what I’m trying to accomplish is possible in any way? I want a button on their edit profile screen that will allow them to log in via a social media account. Then there will be a button on their profile page that will allow other users to be redirected to their profile page on the other social media page. Does that make sense?

Thanks again for your response

Have a good one

Maybe you don’t need a custom component for this?
I think you can use the social login component to get the first part done.

Then to link to the social media, all you need to do is ask the user for their (facebook, or twitter) username, and you can just set an action on a button that opens a link.

What do you mean by the social login components? I dont see any components for these platforms: discord, facebook, instagram, twitter, and Line.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.