Creating apps for others as a Freelancer

Hi,

I would like to create apps for others using Adalo as a Freelancer. Are there a specific plan to subscribed to when I want to Freelance? I have sent an email to request further information about this, but have not received any feedback yet. Can you please advise how to go about this business model of freelancing - creating for others, using the Adalo platform?

Thank you in advance.

@dmndeklerk you can start by getting a pro plan for yourself and building apps for your clients.

When the application is ready to be deployed you can ask your clients to get an account and make the app clonable for them to deploy it from their account.

As you continue to build on those you might want to get a user account in your clients account to continue building.

1 Like

Thank you. Appreciated!

Can one create multiple apps on the Pro Plan?

Yup, no limit on number of apps.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Hi there. Can you maybe let me know how I would go about to demo an app I have created on the Pro plan to a client so he / she can test drive first?

Thank you in advance.

Click share on top right “share” in your editor window, it’ll give you a shareable like in new tab, you can send that to your customers to open in mobile as pwa or in browser.

1 Like

Ahh… Thanks man. You are a star! Nice to be helped by you. Really do appreciate your assistance!

I might ask you a few more questions, if you don’t mind?

1 Like

Sure, happy to help with whatever I know :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Hi there.

In terms of your experience as a freelancer:

1. Will I do the right thing to subscribe to the Pro Plan? I reviewed many other platforms, but with I like Adalo for the quick workflow to get going.
  2. What is your experience with regards to finding clients, selling apps, and can you give me some guidance about how to price for app development for clients using Adalo?
  3. Is it best practice to use and external DB rather, like Airtable for all developments, or what do you recommend here?

Apologies for all the questions. i might still have a few.

Thank you in advance.

Danie

A bit of support for my side also:

1. Will I do the right thing to subscribe to the Pro Plan? I reviewed many other platforms, but with I like Adalo for the quick workflow to get going.

Answer: Pro makes all sense due to DB restrictions (free plan has row limit). Depends on the customer approach and the complexity of the app. If the customer just wants simple apps, not worth using external collections in my opinion. For more heavy and complext apps, I would use external collections (also to make specific calculations)

1. What is your experience with regards to finding clients, selling apps, and can you give me some guidance about how to price for app development for clients using Adalo?

Answer: Goes with complexity, you can sell a 500€ app to a 5000€ app, most important is to sell a Maintenance&Support contract to app once deployed, you get a fixed recurring incoming (I develop websites and that is how I do it). Get all the requirements, estimate around 50€/hour to 200€/hour, get a eta for that, and calculate the price for it. And define again a 25€ to 150€ monthly M&S contract.

1. Is it best practice to use and external DB rather, like Airtable for all developments, or what do you recommend here?
    Answer: I would use Adalo DB for small apps, Airtable to not heavy volume apps but more complex than using just Adalo and use Xano or Backendless for heavy apps.
2 Likes

@JL_LJ put it nicely.

@dmndeklerk A few from my side.

1. Going Pro - no brainer > eliminates limitations on DB, access to app stores, etc.

2. I am not a freelancer, I did receive a couple of requests around it, but I am currently focusing on building and launching my 2nd product, if all goes well should be available in about 2-3 weeks time. Will share more details soon

w.r.t pricing I think it depends, in some cases you can spin-off a basic request in less than 30 mins as you get more familiar with Adalo, in other cases it takes days/weeks mostly because of backend, automations, data manipulations etc.

Maybe a min price for a basic setup and hourly pricing on top of the basic should work? Not sure, I haven’t done this, so I am really bad at it :grimacing:

1. When you are doing it for clients, I’d suggest you to start with Adalo’s collections to begin with and get to the solution as soon as possible and get a buy-in, once the solution is accepted, you can rewire it to Airtable or Xano depending on the complexity.

Since you mentioned about doing Freelancing, I’d suggest looking at combination of Adalo and Xano for the long term, reason being, the limitations you face with Adalo’s collections for backend will be kicked out of the window by @xano

I hope that’s useful.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @JL_LJ . It is really very helpful indeed. Makes sense!

Thank you very much @bhanu . Amazing how effective this way of support is. You have helped me a lot and I am very grateful. Looks like, I just need to make the plunge and go for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.