Database SetUp for Social Network type app (Internal/External)

Hi. With the current state of Adalo’s external collections, what is the best database setup for a social network type app, with the normal features of image uploading and sharing, comments, chat… use just the Adalo DB? Airtable/Xano/etc?
Thanks

Hi,
So far for me in terms of flexibility and “safety” is XANO. The Adalo API the rate gets a long Error 429 (Rate limit), so at least for now I would not trust an social media app with it if you plan on scalability.

But I have set a question to Adalo’s team, if external collections have same dependency as Adalo API, being endpoints. Still waiting for an answer.

1 Like

And do external collections like Xano mean longer loading times for images?

Hi! Today we launched a social media application, and Adalo’s performance leaves much to be desired. The application runs very hard. You can visit the topic and you can test the application for free.
https://forum.adalo.com/t/introducing-sonna-make-money-online/14754

Do you have any idea when does that error start to appear? In terms of size/ concurrent users/or any other metric?

Hi, did they answer your question :slight_smile: ?

Hi @Aleksandr,
I didn’t follow up with this, I was off “Adaloing” during the last period of 2021, I am coming back now slowly into the “game” again. I have to create some support tickets, so will see if they can clarify this.