Date input requires scrolling day by day

When I set a date picker to “Date Text Input” I’m not getting a date text input. Heck, I’m not even getting a date input. I’m getting a day and time input which only allows scrolling one day at a time, wasting three columns on the time.
Needless to say, this is very troubling when you are trying to enter a date of birth.

Ideally, I’d like users to be able to type in a date, but if that isn’t possible, then I’d at least like them to be able to scroll quickly through multiple years, not day by day.

Here’s a screenshot of the problem:

I just tapped on the date picker at the top of the screenshot (reads 12/05/2021).

Hi @lcamp :wave:

You can select Date Picker

If you not need like this then I think you need a custom component.

Thank you

I’m glad the date picker seems to work okay, but I’m not the biggest fan of the text format associated with the option. Is there a way to get it to display as something like “02/08/1988” and still be able to navigate on the scale of years, or am I just stuck with “Monday, February 8, 1988?”

Is there any sort of rationality behind why the style associated with a normal date shorthand (ex: 12/05/2021) is adjustable by the minute?

Thanks!

If I’m correct yes.
And I think you need a custom component or some workaround

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.