Deep linking / sharing data in Adalo

Can someone provide clear description how to do deep linking in Adalo?

Basically my app create a data entry in the database using a form, I want to enable people to share this view / screen with others as a link to the app which eventually show the same data using the app if already installed. if not then user will be prompted to install.

Any idea how to do this?

PLEASE help!

I found few videos in Youtube about ptagma flow, but it seems out of date

Thanks

Adalo itself doesn’t currently have built-in deep linking functionality. However, there are workarounds you can use to achieve deep linking within your Adalo app. Here are two methods:

1. Using a Third-Party Deep Linking Component:

• A community member has created a third-party component called “Deep Linking” specifically for Adalo. You can find information about it and potentially the component itself through the Adalo forum: How do I use DEEP LINKS?
  • This component likely allows you to define custom URI schemes to launch your app and navigate to specific screens or records based on parameters within the link.

2. Manual Deep Linking with Parameters:

• This method involves creating custom logic within your Adalo app to handle deep links.
  • When a user clicks a link that should trigger deep linking, it would include parameters like screen ID or record ID.
  • Within your Adalo app, you can use conditional statements to check the URL parameters and navigate accordingly.
  • For example, you could have an action that checks if a URL parameter “screenId” exists. If it does, it navigates the user to the screen with that specific ID.

Here are some resources that might be helpful for this approach:

• While it doesn’t directly address deep linking, this forum thread discusses using Adalo actions to conditionally navigate users based on URL parameters: How do I use DEEP LINKS?

Remember, the manual method requires some coding knowledge and understanding of Adalo actions. If you’re not comfortable with that, using the third-party component (if available and functional) might be a simpler solution.

1 Like

Hello,

you can find the component over here, the component is available and maintained at any time and compatible with any new adalo update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.