Does anyone have an API to login?

someone has an API to login. I need one to add to the database, but I can’t find it on the internet. can anybody help me?

@Trov welcome to the community!

Not sure I understand your question. Can you elaborate please?

@Trov Welcome to the Community!

Do you mean External Users?

I want to create a new database that allows registration and login, but when I create this new database, it does not allow me to add the property of by password, that is, it is not possible to have two databases for login and registration at the same time, then i have to put an external API to be able to put this other login and registration database. I need this API, but I didn’t find it on the internet, so I came to ask for help here in the community to see if anyone has it.

Basically, I want two databases from the one shown in the print Screen

Yes, i want to creat two databases to registration and login

Registration and Login uses the same database whether you use external collection or Adalo’s internal collection.

If you can elaborate a bit more on why you want to do this, probably we can help pointing to possible solutions.

But, creating 2 Auth tables/databases is not possible.

If you’re considering external DB for auth you cannot use Adalo’s users table, you’ll have to choose only 1 auth method to proceed.

What I’m trying to do is create two logins in the application, because the application I’m creating is delivery, inside the application for customers, there will be another sub-application for delivery people, inside the application for customers, only when I I put the login or registration for the deliverers to enter the logins mixed with those of the clients so I wanted to create two login databases, one for the clients and the other for the deliverers. I create a separate application in Adalo to share the databases with the main application, but this problem still exists.

Your approach of using 2 databases from different apps doesn’t work.

The way you should approach this is, in the users collection, add 2 more True/False fields

1. Delivery Partner
  2. Customer

Depending on who the user is, update that respective field = True.

When you have this setup, you can have screens redirection to specific ones based on the user profile.

Ex: if the user is a customer, take him to menu screen
Or
If the user is a delivery partner, take him to the pending deliveries screen.

Summary: you don’t need multiple authentication tables, you need roles defined in the users table to manage the flows.

Got it, I’m going to do the test here and see if it works. Thank you for your attention :slight_smile:

I applied this method of true and false, but I still have a problem. When the user who registered his account as a customer, even without having registered the account as a delivery person, he still manages to log in as a delivery person. I was wondering if you can fix this. and vice versa

Can you share your setup in screenshots on how a user is assigned and where you see options for a customer as delivery partner?

I changed the strategy for login, I think that way it could make it easier. But I still have a problem with data integration with another app.
When creating another app to share the databases, I wanted to connect an app with two other apps at the same time, because as I’m creating a delivery app I need that when the customer makes a purchase send the notification to the seller and to the delivery man. That is, as soon as the customer makes the purchase, he has to send the notification to the seller, then the delivery person has to receive the location of the seller and then the delivery person has to receive the location of the customer. So I wanted to integrate the delivery application’s database with that of the seller and customers at the same time. This is a limitation for my app.
In short, I want to connect the delivery application database at the same time with two other databases, which is that of the salespeople and customers.

TBH, all this can be achieved with different collections in the same database.

1. Users (salespersons, delivery partners, customers)
  2. Products (associated with sellers)
  3. Orders (associated with users, sellers & delivery partners)

in the #3 you can use the order confirmation step to load the details of the merchant, delivery address of the customer & delivery partner assigned to the order.

Using multiple external databases is fine, but for authenticating users is only 1 collection can be used in the same app.

I am currently beta testing external user authentication. Not sure when it will be available for all users.

Wish I could test it - put my name down several times and not heard a peep

Did you use this link?

we got approved fairly quickly but we did apply as soon as it appeared.

Hi @rickman and @bhanu – I want to be able to setup a user table in an external database and have all the signins authenticated there. Can this work?