Email verification app template from Adalo's competition

Hi @Tommen I worked with @jca (I think this is JC?) and @ben1 and made a cloneable app template for Signup with the components you need.

It includes:

1. Email Validation (is the user typing in a valid email address?). Thanks @prakharm8 for the YouTube video and the free component in the Adalo Component Marketplace. Note: you may need to install this component, called “Email Validator” and use it in your Signup Flow. I’m unsure if by cloning an app, you automatically install its dependencies (installed components) into your Adalo account.

2. Confirm Password: Doesn’t allow user to complete signup unless both Password and Confirm Password fields match.

3. Email Verification: Using randomly generated one-time passcode (OTP) via the RAND function (thanks @ben1), we add a Property to the User for “Validation ID”.

You just need to connect up your Adalo custom action or Zapier trigger (new record filtered by Validation ID) with your email service, in order to send the email with the OTP to the user. Right now I have tested only by reading the OTP directly from within the Adalo database.

We eventually would like to add other signup functions, such as accepting terms & conditions, privacy policy, including GDPR compliance.

3 Likes