Etsy style app?

Is it possible to build and Etsy style store. I don’t have the same idea as Etsy I’m basically asking for that type of app as in the app is basically a middle man between the buyer and the seller. The app takes a cut of every transaction, the buyer sends Thier money to the seller we (the service) are just able to take a percentage as a standard fee. I was trying to figure out how I would implement each seller having Thier own like PayPal or stripe accounts or what ever it may be connected to receive Thier funds, and how we as the service will be able to charge a service fee for each transaction. It’s on a much smaller scale than Etsy just that style of commerce app. Would this even be possible? Is there any videos I could watch or reading material you recommend?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Hi @Truckerhoss,

It is definitely possible to implement such app in Adalo. You can use Stripe for payments processing (and I guess Stripe could be used in a marketplace mode).

Though I doubt that a complete tutorial how to build such app exists. Would you like to explore Adalo by yourself, you can search for tutorials (for example on Makerpad), or take some templates and explore them (for example, Coaching app, Appointments app and Food Truck app). They don’t represent the full functionality you need, but you can learn the logic there.

Another option will be either to take series of coaching sessions, or to hire an expert to build the app.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Thank you for the information, I’m glad this type of app will be possible. I’m considering hiring an expert for assistance in the more complicated aspects.

1 Like

Hi @Truckerhoss,

Just in case, here is the Adalo Experts page where you can search for the expert (including myself): Find Freelance Adalo Designers, Developers, & Agencies.

Best regards, Victor.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.