EXCEL DATABASE in adalo

Hello, I need help, im creating an information search-style app, we have a database of more than 50,000 users in excel, how can we do that when we search in the app it shows us the info we have in excel so as not to transcribe everything (time and space)

Hi @Santiago :wave:

I think you can save that Excel File as a CSV file and then create a collection in your Database and Import that saved CSV file to that collection.

Hope it helps!

Thank you

Great thanks, I was thinking not to have it in Adalo because it will take up a lot of memory, I was seeing if I could use it outside of Adalo as an external api, what would you do?

Your welcome :+1:

Hmm then how about doing like this?

You can import your excel file to a Google sheet and then use SheetDB to connect that Google sheet as a External Collection.

Hope it helps!

Thank you

1 Like

If you’re hosting users externally, you need to use an auth system, not just storage. This enables you to securely manage user passwords, session info, etc.

Supabase (our favorite) and Firebase are some of the most common for this.

2 Likes

Another option is AIRTABLE. Import from XLS and CSV. Low cost of data storage. Available documentation, including detailed API integration
Airtable with ADALO.

2 Likes

thanks, im going to see that

They are not users, it is a database with people’s data, so in adalo we make a search engine for example: I search: JHON MARTIN and there I see all the data of jhon (which I have in excel) as a search engine for each information team member

You can use any external source for that. But if you have 50k users, then you might consider using external users.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.