External DB - Create Record in Airtable not Working

Get All is setup properly and fetches the records, but I am having trouble creating records in Airtable. Tried adding ‘records’ as a top level as well.

What are we supposed to do to make the creation of a record work?

1 Like

@zachbharris Any tips to make the creation of a record work?

I Have the same issue. In my chat impossible to create Airtable record when I respond

How are you attempting to create an Airtable record? I’ve had mixed results with this so far, where it’ll create a record, but not all of the information will pass through.

When I set up the External Collection endpoints, I made sure the Create endpoint was set up with the POST method and Update endpoint was set up with PATCH method, since that is what Airtable requires.

Then, in the screen, I set up a Create Action where it creates the record in Airtable once the user clicks ‘submit’ on the form with all the info I want to pass through. As mentioned above, this creates the record in Airtable, but only with part of the data I’m trying to pass through.

Let me know if you have any better luck!

Hello, now everything work. I don’t know why.

I add this values :

I don’t know if is because of that

This is weird, I can’t seem to make the create form submit to Airtable even with the second header Content-Type…

Found my issue the I have a field that serves as an ID. It won’t work if I try to prefill…

I have exactly the same problem. I am able to list records, update records but not create them.
Anyone know what the issue might be?

Started not working for me today too. Cant update an airtable from the app

@thesandrobrito & @CopyThat are you still experiencing these problems?

Yes its a big problem. I wont update anything unless all fields are filled out in the update section of adalo

Can you please DM me the links to your apps that you are experiencing this issue so that I may take a look.

Hi @anon78309838
I have the same problem.
The creation of a recording only works if I send a single data to my Airtable database. If I ask to send at least 2, it doesn’t work.

A solution ?
Thank you
Steeve

Are you trying to send an array of data?

Hi @anon78309838
So my problem evolved.
Now I can send several data at the same time but only simple text and single select fiels Airtable
On the other hand, it is impossible to update with Multiple Select field Airtable, maybe this is normal ?..

Steeve

There are some nuances with Airtable I’ve noticed. A few things:

1. You can only update number fields, text fields, single select, and linked fields that are not an array (as long as the typecast parameter is passed as true as well)

2. Update actions must be a PUT if you only want to update a few fields and all fields passed in the Custom Action must be filled.

3. Arrays of any kind do not work, even if there is only one item. You can identify which fields in Airtable may be giving trouble by finding the properties in the Airtable API that have brackets with them - [ or ]

4. Text with line breaks or returns also cannot be sent through a Custom Action to Airtable.

1 Like

I can never seem to be able to create a record. Read yes. Create or update, nope. Very frustrating. There are no failures when creating the db connections.

Hello there! I am also facing the same problem. I am able to draw information from API to be displayed on Adalo but not create. Please advise @anon78309838 Thank you.

There seems to be no error message and the record is not created. I have no array or image properties in Airtable. I have a modal link after creation of the record ad that doesn’t get triggered either.

Facing the same issue.

@anon78309838 @pford , found out that for Adalo form to create a record on AirTable ALL FORM FIELDS (INPUTS) AND AIRTABLE FIELDS (OUTPUTS) NEED TO BE SIMPLE TEXT FIELDS.

My form started working only when I:
• changed a ‘select date’ field to a simple text string field (where users need to type in the date manually)
• change the output field on AirTable from being a “Link to another record” field to simple text string field (need this to pass the “Current User” name automatically from the form)

Ass you can see none of the fields that were breaking the API are array… so it’s not array related but overall the way the API is built.

So I found a way around to kinda make it work… but it’s really poor customer experience for app users.

And also then your help centre article “Working with Forms” (AirTable) is wrong as it states that the only field that doesn’t work is “Attachments” (article: Working with Forms - Adalo Resources). This is misleading.