Fit pages to frame

It can’t be only me that’s disturbed by the difficulty and time it takes to get a map, web-view etc to fit the (app) page/screen perfectly? It has now come to be just expanding them way past what’s actually needed, just so I won’t get the “free space” at the bottom of the screen. Still trying to remain calm I must ask, for the price paid monthly to Adalo, there should be a better solution for issues like these?
Kindly

So this is with any drag and drop no code platform. Bubble is the same way. Keep and eye for the red lines that show up when moving your components around. Center line will keep it center, left line will float it left and right line will float it right. It’s tedious, I know, but unfortunately you’ll have to keep messing around with it until you get it perfectly. I too found it very time consuming at first but eventually you’ll get the hang of it and will be able to adjust layout more quickly and easily.

You can try adding rectangles to the the sides of your component and turn off the background. I find this helps when trying to get it to look perfect and not become affected by other components on the same screen. It’ll keep everything in place.

1 Like

Appreciate your response.
I too have found that rectangles with opacity or same color as background can be a solution.
One issue we are left with is the different layout between for example iPhone and iPad.
My custom made bottom menu bar has two widely different layouts in this situation and it does not look good. The menu-bar is far from the only part misaligned on the two screens…

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 02.19.09

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 02.19.23

Is anything in your menu bar grouped?

Funny we get on this, because not long after I answered you I was having an issue with a conditional menu bar and search field that stays put while only my list will scroll. I messed around with grouping and was able to get it to stay and not shift when my menu changed.

Strange.

Yes, every item on my menu bar is grouped.
The image/icons with each other, that group again with the menu bar.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.