Form Input Fields Not Working

Hey, there I’m building a list that has a form with an input field for trainers to say hi to their clients. For some reason when I type in information, it tells me that it is a required field as if I did not put anything in the field. I tried setting them to not required but it just won’t pick anything up then.

Could it be because I am using it within a list? Has anyone experienced something similar?

Hi @Lamiso this is a bug right now specific to required fields within a custom list. We’re working on resolving this asap.

1 Like

is this resolved? still experiencing this issue

Hello Team @Adalo_CXTeam , I have the same issue, this is an essential part of my web app, any update? your last post goes back to July 2022 and the bug is still here

@nucks The solution is amazing, but simple bugs like this should be fixed, as they hinder the huge potential of Adalo and simple features that we want to create for our users get stuck. :pray:

Thanks so much

Hello team, sorry if I m annoying, but this feature is a make or break for my saas, as I m about to demo it to a client, and I they absolutely need the comment feature. now I built it in the new responsive mobile Adalo 2.0, still getting this error, please help me fix it? , everything is linked, including the current post, current user, comment, etc, yet I get an error. PLS, I need this working.

Thank you

I may have found a workaround for this issue (and yes it’s still happening). I replaced the form component with individual fields and still had the same problem.

So I added a second action to the button to “update” the record I had just created and magic-texted from the fields and then the content carried over just fine.

So I used a button to pull the data from individual custom fields to create the record, then added a 2nd action to update that same record with the text data and that worked.