Geolocation for delivery app

Hello, I’m working an online delivery app, which should be seen a “near me restaurant” based on the geolocation of the user and the restaurants, and live tracking for orders. Is there anything that can be done?

Hi @njimmy10 ,
Not as of now, I also made an online delivery app. The only way to do this is user having a “fixed” address to the delivery, that can then calculate distance with the restaurant. But Geolocation is still on the roadmap for Adalo. It is a much expected feature.

Oh okay, thanks. Is there any fixed time for it to become available, and if it’s possible to share your app link?

Hi njimmy,

GPS/live location is currently being developed. Right now, as @JL_LJ mentioned, you cannot natively use the user’s current location. This should be available sometime this summer.

The best way to do this would be ask the user for their location, you can use the google address autofill component to help the user with that. Then you can use the google distance API to retrieve distances. We made a short video of that here - Using Google Maps Matrix API in Adalo - YouTube

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

the tutorial is not clear at all.

where should i find the URL, what the headers, and whats the body, what are the input.

Hi @njimmy10,

It isn’t a tutorial - it’s just an overview of what’s possible. For the tutorial, you can checkout Knodalo.com, our Adalo course. We have a video in the Advanced section that covers how to do this step by step.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Erik

1 Like

Hello Erik,

I’d like to know more about doing it, i watched the video and nothing is clear, can you help me please?

Hi Jimmy,

The step by step tutorial is on knodalo.com, our Adalo course.

If you want to DIY, these instructions are helpful - Panoramica dell'API DIST Matrix  |  Distance Matrix API  |  Google Developers

Best,
Erik

Thanks Erik,

I submitted a ticket about the pricing, i live in Lebanon, 200$ is a lot of money and honestly i can’t afford it, so i asked if there a free trial

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.