Having trouble with text input and google maps

Hello (again) to all of you. I’ve grown quite familiar with the Adalo forum now:)

I recently added a map and a text input for the map via a google maps api key. However, I’m having some trouble with a few things.

Background: I’m creating an app that guides the user to Stockholm’s nightlife. I want the user to be able to search for bar names and see their location. I have a database with bars, along with certain properties like name and location. The deafult input for the search bar is “stockholm”.

1. When I enter the map, all bars’ locations are shown. When I begin typing a name, only that bar’s location shows (great). But, when I then search for another bar, changing the input, only the previous bar’s location is shown, however the action (show details) links to the bar I just searched for. Why is this? The only solution to this right now is to exit the map, re-enter: then the correct location is shown for the new bar I just typed.

2. But re-entering the map brings problems. While it now displays the correct location for the bar, when I erase the text input and I just begin to type another bar’s name, the screen turns completely blank and you can’t do anything but to exit the map again and re-enter, then it’s back to normal and the text I just began to type shows up.

Link to a video: https://streamable.com/y6ob20

Image showing the text input:

Image showing the map (nyckelord = bar name) (sök karta = name for text field).

Image showing the details screen (which pops up when you click on a marker), almost everything is magic text which is gathered from current bar you clicked on.

I know this is a long post but I really hope someone might think of any little solution. I also hope I included all the information necessary. I can’t think of any reason why these two problems are happening… So again any answer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Hi Anton, this is interesting. Definitely, something is not working as intended here. I will have to add this to my to-do list to look into further. If I discover the cause, I will create an internal bug report for this.

1 Like

Alright, thanks Colin!

I hope you find something. If not, I’ll have to ditch the search bar mechanic for my app (the app works well without it, but having one implemented is ideal).

Anton

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.