Help Is there a workaround for forget password

I’ve tried workarounds but it still doesn’t seem to update the user’s password when logging in a second time.

Hi @jonafied :wave: :wave:

You can read this conversation.

In this conversation Victor has did a video. This will help you.

Or you can add a button and add a action in more > user login > forgot password. Then it’s automatically doing by Adalo.

Thank you :innocent:

Or add a screen and add a form and set that to update logged in user and the fields are only the password and add another screen and add another form and set that to update logged in user and then add the fields without the password ( Email, Name, Username,etc).

So first screen with the form is to update the logged in user password.
And the second screen with the form is to update the logged in user details without the password.(other details)

Thank you :blush:

@dilon_perera - thank you, I’ll try those options and reach out if I have any trouble.

1 Like

Your welcome @jonafied. :blush:

I did like this and it worked for me

@dilon_perera - I tried this option and it keeps saying the password is not valid. Do you have screenshots I can see?

Yeah sure @jonafied :blush:

@dilon_perera - I also tried the default reset password from Adalo and it sends a temporary password but it doesn’t update the user to be able to login.

@jonafied can you send a screen recording of what is happening?

This is the default forgot password button from Adalo. It sends a temp password but you have to click on forgot password again after inputting your info to take you to the reset password view. But, the new password won’t work to log you in.

https://loom.com/share/49a3bf4630754efe831fafa35c0d974b

It can’t happened . If not working the best is to submit support ticket.

And Jona,

Copy the temporary password correctly and full password and then paste it on the password field and click login and create the new password.

If you did these things and not working create a new one from custom actions.Or if you want to do it from this way and not working submit a support ticket.

Thank you :blush: :blush:

Here’s a video how this option works for me @jonafied