Using Temporary Passwords in Adalo

Hi everyone,

We made a short tutorial on how to allow users to use temporary passwords in Adalo. This will let you create accounts externally, post to the Adalo user’s collection via API, allow users to create a new password, and login.

4 Likes

Everything works until we add the login action. After you’ve added the LogIn action to the Complete button, we get a few different types of error messages: 1. Action cannot be done 2. Invalid email or password. 3. This account must use a different login option.

How can we be sure that the password that the user has input into the New Password Page is being saved and updated to the user’s account?

Our current flow is this: Download app, click on sign up, goes to a payment page for subscription, comes back to the app with an account already created for them with the email they used to pay (this is done via a zapier integration), then they go through this flow you’ve taught in the video to create their new password, then gain access to the full content of the app.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

(I’ve posted in youtube as well, but thought to also post here to continue the convo and help others who might need it in the future.)

1 Like

I’m thinking it has something to do with the User Permissions, I believe this was introduced after this thread if I remember correctly. So I’m thinking because it’s not technically a “Logged In” user at that point the action can’t be completed. So how do we rectify this? @dilon_perera any ideas?

Hey @tbel,

You need to make that as Everyone! ( Password property > who can edit password > Everyone ) Victor covered this : Adalo tutorials: customised password reset - #12 by Victor

Thank you

1 Like

Works! :tada: Such a relief, was beginning to think I was going nuts haha

BIG THX!

1 Like

As a keep in mind for future readers, Apple frowns on the button disappearing and will reject your build. Just a keep in mind.

I have an issue where if both input fields for email and temporary password then the button to advance is visible, I have set up the filters as above. If I enter any character into either of the input the button will disappear but while they blank the button is visible. If I set the list limit to be greater than 1 then a button will appear for every user in the database.