Help with restaurant app

Currently trying to add the function “make it a combo” to my app. Has to add 7$ to order item price. I have all the designs done and you’re able to order an item without the “make it a combo” feature but just struggling to link it to the back end. I believe it requires a custom relationship and custom formulas any insights into this would be appreciated

Hey @wolfy,

There are various ways to do it, some of them are simple, some complex. For example:

• you can have separate product entry for each Combo deal. So when checkbox is checked, you are adding another item by pressing “Add to cart”. Checkbox will be connected to some temp property or you can make it from 2 icons with conditional visibility.

• on the “Add to cart” button you can have more conditional actions, so when the checkbox is on, you have 2 more actions to add products to the cart.

• you can also try using a “discount” line item when adding a combo (3 products with list price + 1 discount). You need to be careful with the products removal though, so that user can’t delete all the products and leave the discount :slight_smile:

• you can create a separate collection to store combo components if you’re willing to allow customisation

Etc etc etc.

For the simple app, I’d go with the separate Combo product. This makes easier to manage prices and product’s removal from the cart - all the combo is removed. But this makes combo customisation a bit more difficult.

Best,
Victor.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.