Hidden functions

Hello all. Is it possible to do any additional hidden functions in the application for specific users? The screen that no one else can see, only users with the admin function? thanks

1 Like

You can use the true/false function in the Users collection to display an “admin” button or set a page to perform a redirect action based on that T/F function, whichever you prefer.

For simplicity’s sake, I would just hide an admin button somewhere (perhaps on a float-out menu). I’ve done this a couple of times (both ways mentioned above). Other folks may know an easier way, but here’s what I’ve done:

1. Add the T/F function to Users collection (title it Admin User or whatever you want to identify it with)

2. Place a button somewhere that will navigate to an admin-only screen when clicked > title the button whatever you want

3. Change the visibility for the button to be visible only if the logged in user’s admin T/F function is set to True

4. In the Users collection, whatever user you want to be an admin/see the button, just change the default T/F setting (which is false) to true for that user

Now when that user logs in and heads to wherever you placed the admin button, they’ll be able to see it, but other users whose admin T/F function is false will not.

Hopefully that answers your question.

1 Like

My point is that the client who logs in to the application by email and password from the machine sees an additional screen if he has permission to view this screen, and if he does not, he sees an ordinary application without an additional screen with hidden information.

Then you need to send them to correct screens using conditional link actions.

You can watch this video made by Victor : Adalo tutorials: admin and user access to different screens. UPDATE in the description - YouTube

And you can watch this video made by Adalo Team too : #TwoMinuteTuesday | Multi sided Apps - YouTube

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.