How to Offer a Free Trial

Hi everyone,

I’m adding a 14 day free trial to one of my apps and wanted to share how to do that with you!

In this video, I’ll show you how to check if a user has paid, check how long they’ve been on the app, and if they haven’t paid + have been on the app over a period of time you can send them to a paywall.

Let me know if you have any questions!

12 Likes

Thats really impressive!

Nice tutorial Erik!
I implemented this a couple of times, with a similar setting.
I only used one screen, with the actions that you have in two screens in just one. Simply, giving priority to the first screen actions, and then put the second screen one.
You can do this, because only the first link action is executed, if triggered.

Is there any reason not covered by my set-up why you used two screens for the loading phase?

You’re right, you should be able to do it on one screen.

Have the log in screen check if user is paid, take them to the home screen. Not paid goes to loading screen. Past 14 days go to payment screen.

I’ve noticed you get better performance using multiple screens (minus the lag between them), so I broke it out here.

3 Likes

@Erik @montetennis this works great, but what if you want to get them to enter their Stripe CC info in first (before trial)? I can’t seem to find a way to make this work.

I found a way to do this another way, it’s manual (unless you build out the automation outside adalo).

You can add a trial period to the stripe subscription (in stripe). Take the card, let them know the trial period, they’ll need to contact you to cancel it unless you build in the automations.

@Erik To be clear, are you referring to the “free trial (legacy)” under the pricing under products in stripe? And can you elaborate on taking the card/letting them know the trial period?

1. yes, Im referring to the legacy function.
  2. How does a user cancel during their 14 day trial? You should build that process and make it clear.

@Erik I have yet to get the “Free trial” legacy function within Stripe to actually work on the Adalo end. Are you sure it’s possible and if so, any tips?

Great video and very informative

Hello

@Erik do you really success to add a trial period to the stripe subscription ? If yes, can you please explain because it doesn’t work with the Adalo component.

Thanks

This was depreciated by Stripe. It doesn’t work anymore.

Ciao,
thanks for the video, interesting.
I encountered an anomaly for my app.
If the user has automatic login, they go straight to the home, bypassing the login window and thus all subsequent control. Or am I missing something?

Thank U