How to send weekly notification?

I want to send all users a weekly notification to remind them to enter their work schedule

Hi @elizabethteresa17,

Adalo doesn’t have built-in server-side scheduling service for notifications.

Possible workarounds are:

• create scheduled notifications in Zapier
  • create scenario in Make which will run every day, find those users which should be notified and notify them (this requires Collections API access and Notifications API access)
  • use Adastacks
  • use Abracadalo

Best,
Victor.

Hi, victor thanks, I actually have been trying to do it with make, but I need help, I want to get all users to receive a notification every Monday 11:00 am right, but all the tutorials I find online show me how to create a notification base on clicking a button (an action) would you point to the right direction PLEASE

WORKAROUND FOR DELAYED MANUAL PUSH NOTIFICATIONS:

If you want to have a push notification setup to be delayed what you can do is:

1. Create a page action on the home page, and add an action to a send push notification.
  2. Click on Show Advance
  3. Click on Time and date and click on 6 days ago. Set to after, and then select the users “last Notification Date”
  4. Make sure to add another action to update the users “last. notification date” field to the new date.
1 Like

ok I’m working now

what do you mean by creating a PAGE ACTION in the home page? sorry

That’s okay. No worries. So the first page your users land on when they’re logged in. I would click on the top of that page in the builder and on the left hand side panel you’ll see “page actions.”This is where you would configure the setup.

1 Like

ok one more thing, did you mean COSTUME ACTION or TRIGGERNOTIFICATION

It would be trigger notification.

Once you see the yellow box fill in the details and before you click the done button you will see at the bottom of that same box, click on “advance” and then you can setup the conditions. Feel reach to ask more questions if you need assistance.

1 Like

ok thanks :grinning:

Dear @kdy294,

Sorry, but your advice is misleading and incorrect.

It is not possible to schedule push notifications inside Adalo. Scheduling a notification means that it should be sent on a certain date / time in future, and it should not depend on the fact if the user opens the app or not.

This means that scheduling must be done on the server side, not on the client side. In your example, if a user does not open the app, the action you’ve advised to add will not be launched and the notification will not be sent.

Moreover, even if we imagine that a user opens the app every day - push notification can not be sent to the same user - see docs: “You cannot trigger a notification to the same user and device with this Trigger.”, Trigger Push Notifications - Adalo Resources.

There are cases when the notifications are sent to other app users, and in some cases app behaviour could be set up so that it mimics “scheduled” sending. Usually it is done when there is an Admin role and Admin visits the app every day. Nevertheless it is still not a scheduled sending.

I would advise to do some search on the forum regarding the topic of scheduling notifications, as this has been discussed a lot of times.

Best,
Victor.

Hi @elizabethteresa17,

If you have an API Collections access, here is how Make scenario could look like:
Module1: Adalo List Users
Module 2: HTTP module to trigger Push notification via API (Trigger Push Notifications via API - Adalo Resources). You can get recipient email from Module 1.
Then you set up this scenario to run according to the schedule you want (weekly).
Please keep in mind this scenario will consume actions both from Make side (actions qty = number of users +1), and from Adalo side.
Also this scenario needs to be modified to work with pagination if a number of users is more than 1000.

However, in your particular case, I would advise to keep things simple. You can create a separate admin app / add an admin screen to the existing app, put a button there, add an action to Trigger Notification to this button, set up Recipients as All Users.
And then you can send notifications manually by pressing this button yourself.

Best,
Victor.

1 Like

Sometimes you have to make a workaround work in Adalo because of their logic, and this was a perfect solution for this user case! (Even though there is tons of ways).

Also, the fact you’re recommending her to add a button in the admin app to keep it “simple” is literally the same thing as what I recommend, but she doesn’t have to rely on pushing a button.

So don’t YOU ever tell me I’m incorrect or misleading anyone when I know for a fact this works in my own personal app that has thousands of users.

You clearly offered a recommendation, and I offered one. The users is allowed to pick and choose which option is best for her!

You need to realize that in Adalo you can build it 30 different ways and NOT every creator does it the same. So just because it’s not your way doesn’t mean it’s “incorrect”, or “misleading”.

1 Like

Dear @kdy294,

First of all, please refrain from using phrases like “So don’t YOU ever tell me…”.

You are advising to create scheduled notification with the way it is not possible to create scheduled notification.

I have explicitly stated that this is a manual notification sending.

Other users, when they read your post, might think that it is possible to create scheduled notification with on-screen-enter action with some condition. This is not true. Please do not mix application-side actions, which happen on user frontend, with server-side actions. Your advise might create false expectations for other readers, and therefore lead to further disappointment when things don’t work as expected.

I would highly recommend you searching the forum on this topic and browsing through discussions.

Victor.

2 Likes

If it is NOT possible why does it work in my app and some other cases?

I’m not gonna go back and forth with you. Others will read it and see what I’m talking about. Just like the user above.

Take Care

1 Like

Thank You

Thank you :smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.