How to set Date Range on a calendar?

Hello,
I would like to have a calendar design with a date range selection option for users.
so I can filter events based on the date information.

Is this even possible in Adalo?

Hi @springshowers,

Selecting Dates right as ranges right? I think it’s not possible with the Adalo calendar.

There is a calendar for this that @Michael created! : Markings Calendar for Adalo | NoCode Monkey

And he created another one too! : Advanced Calendar for Adalo | NoCode Monkey

Tagging @Flawless , @iAppsNi too because have a little memory that they also did something like this with this component! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you

For your database collection, add 2 date/time parameters, one for the start time and one for the end time. Then, you can use 2 date pickers when creating the record to signify the start and end dates/times.

For the list filtering to display records within the date range, you can use a filter where the date/time is between the start date/time and the end date/time.

1 Like

Thanks,
I wonder if you have any good idea on how to filter ‘This week’, ‘This weekend’ etc.

This is not easy part I guess… : (

An idea would be to have a number parameter to calculate the week number of the year and a text string for day of the week.

Then, you’ll need a hidden input to calculate the current week number and the current day of the week and compare. If week number is equal to current week number and day is not equal to Saturday (and additional filter for sunday) will give you the weekdays. If week number is equal to current week number and day is equal to Saturday (and additional filter for sunday) will give you the weekend days.

1 Like

Hi @springshowers ,

Just adding supplement information here,

Date picker cannot yet be used to have range, if you are up for difficult task, look at Komun template and check the custom calendar there, essentially using custom list to build calendar, but once it is established, you can put anything there, different colors, disable buttons etc.

1 Like

Could you share a link, please?
I couldn’t find it here in the community serach bar :frowning:

@springshowers : Free Template - Komun for Community Support - In Progress

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.