I have no VoIP - App rejected by Apple for VoIP in info.PList

Hello,

I can’t get into the Apple store because of a VoIP present in my info.PList. I don’t have any resource that uses Audio in my App. How can I rectify this, or does anyone have any experience of this?

Or, how can I remove/edit the info.Plist?

ANy help would be amazing!!

For reference, my rejection:

Guideline 2.5.4 - Performance - Software Requirements

The app declares support for Voice-over IP (VoIP) in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist, but we are unable to locate any VoIP services. Apps that declare support for VoIP in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist file must have features that require VoIP.

Next Steps

If the app has a feature that requires VoIP, reply to this message and let us know how to locate this feature. If the app does not have a feature that requires VoIP, it would be appropriate to remove the “voip” value from the UIBackgroundModes key.

While VoIP may provide “keep alive” functionality, please note that this is not the intended purpose of VoIP.

Bump!

Is this a known or new bug/issue? Struggling with Apple for 10 days now and the same issue. Is this a known bug?

I have created a support ticket, but nothing yet. The client is getting a pretty :grimacing: with the situation.

Hello,

I have solved the issue I think.

I had a shared database with an old version of the app and that old version had a test video component in it. Once I removed this and re-built the new app (connected to the same db) the build was accepted by Apple.

Issue seems to have been the connected old version app added the VoIP to the build of the newer app that didn’t have the video component.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Ali

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.