In-App Purchases Just Dropped!

How soon is soon? I mean … I hear that we getting subscription soon. And that soon is a few weeks ago.

Please understand that providing specific dates for a release is extremely difficult to do. There are multiple factors that could change that at any time. So giving dates like this is completely subject to change at any time.

We try to do our best with the information we have at the time but when this changes, we get prosecuted for it. It’s easy to say then that it is in our best interest to not dislocse any estimates at that point as doing so would be detrimental. However, we want to be as transparent as we can be here at Adalo. Please do try to understand and respect this as we do want to continue communicating freely and openly with the community.

With all that being said:

The current state of this feature is that it is now completed in all development work and we are contiuing internal testing and creating the documentation required so that maker’s such as yourself will be able to use this with as much ease as possible. I do not know how long the testing process will take at this point. Could be 3 days, could be 2 weeks. The answer is it will take as long as it needs to take to ensure that the quality of the release is maximised.

7 Likes

Hello Colin, thank you for the update. Surly I understand that giving specific dates is not working. You say you communicate transparent - which is great but as a developer myself, I would suggest that you may transfer the current states of development as well. For weeks we hear nothing regarding the state of the subscription part. Why not give rough levels of development? Like communicate that the development is 50% done, or alpha testing has started. So we see it in development and the current state. I have to plan my app and development too and I know I am not the only one.

I think the biggest problem with the current component is that we all expected that subscription IS integrated from release on. There where no communication that the IAP component will only provide feature x and y and the feature z will follow after 2 months. That is not transparent IMHO.

Same with the GPS feature. We have absolutely no clue in which development state the component currently is. And how long it may take. Don’t take me wrong, I love Adalo and its features. But I have to decide if I can wait 1 month, 6 months, or 1 year for a critical feature. Depending on the dev time I might need to choose a different app development solution. It would be great to have a rough estimate of the development timeline. My clients demand timeframes (even rough ones) too. And Agile/Scrum depending on timeframes.

1 Like

Can we use it to buy a physical products? no one answered this :frowning:

Can we use it to buy a physical products? no one answered this :frowning:

TIP
It’s important for app developers to understand the difference between in-app purchase and Apple Pay. Use in-app purchase to sell virtual goods in your app, such as premium content for your app and subscriptions for digital content. Use Apple Pay in your app to sell physical goods like groceries, clothing, and appliances; for services such as club memberships, hotel reservations, and event tickets; and for donations.

3 Likes

The current state of this feature is that it is now completed in all development work and we are contiuing internal testing and creating the documentation required so that maker’s such as yourself will be able to use this with as much ease as possible. I do not know how long the testing process will take at this point. Could be 3 days, could be 2 weeks. The answer is it will take as long as it needs to take to ensure that the quality of the release is maximised.

26 days later … any news on that? …

5 Likes

I’m about to launch and I’m trying to decide on how to make this financially viable. I would really like to charge an annual (automatically renewing) subscription. Is there any news on this at all please?

3 Likes

I made a ticket to ask for more information. This is their answer:

Thanks for reaching out. I will provide as much info here as I can, we definitely understand it can be frustrating to be waiting patiently for a new feature, only to have the desired date come and go with no updates, so I’ll be as transparent as I can be here.

The dev work was originally finished and we brought the feature into internal testing and verification. It quickly became clear that the approach taken in the development process was probably not the best user experience for a No Code Maker setting this up. It required some Custom Actions, a ton of set up in the Google and Apple Store consoles (some will still be required), and it was generally clunky and not very intuitive. So we pushed it back for a rethink about the approach for the set up and config in the editor. We believed that this was the best decision for your experience when we do release the feature, albeit an unfortunate one. This will likely mean a decent delay in when this becomes available.

This being said, we plan to make this current, more clunky version available as a private component, in a sort of closed Beta to folks that have been patiently waiting for this, and are accepting that the set up will take some extra technical knowledge to get through. It will give us more understanding for how the feature is used, and help us stress test some other backend services that have been set up for this as well in the meantime.

I will add you to a list so we can follow up with you when you are ready.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

4 Likes

Thank you for that. At least it’s news.

100% I’d like to be in for the “clunky” version as this is definitely keeping me from issuing 3 apps. I don’t mind setting up a tonne of custom actions shall it mean getting these apps over the line sooner rather than later :slightly_smiling_face:

@ben1 @anon78309838 can you add me to this beta or whatever process you guys hope to put out there. Thanks

1 Like

and same for me please :slight_smile:

Same please. I’m ok with clunky :sweat_smile: @anon78309838

Same for me. I want this clunky thanks

Same here. Put.me on the list!!!

Hello everyone! I just received an email about the estimated launch date for the beta subscriptions in the app. Adalo Assistant told me it would take a few more weeks, but not months or more, which is a good thing.

3 Likes

me too please! I want to be on the beta subscriptions list :slight_smile:

+1 for the private component…

+1 for private component add me to list too pls

+1 for private component please :slight_smile:

Adalo, you might consider partnering and integrating with iaphub.com for this feature. Why reinventing the wheel…

2 Likes