Is it possible to delete multiple records simultaneously?

Hi guys,

Simple example. I have a list of questions and each question in connected to a list of answers (1-M).

What I would love to do is to be able to delete a question and all the answers associated to the question in one go.

What I’ve been doing in when I delete a room I delete a question and an answer and I write the room to a deleted questions collection and then manually check what rooms have been deleted and go through the answer collections and delete answer associated to that question… :slight_smile:

Does anyone have any idea if this can be done?

Francisco

1 Like

@NoCodeJedi are you wanting to do this in the data tab or in the interface of your app via an action?

It would be ideal on both :smiley:

If you’re modifying the data tab, please add a ‘delete all’ button - so if I’m in a data type and have 100+ records I can just delete them all.

Also please add a checkbox for each record so we can check all items quickly - snd then uncheck those we want to keep - and delete them.

As noted elsewhere in the forum there is a bug in the upload CSV feature. It’s frustrating to upload a csv and get only a partial upload… with no way to delete the hundreds of items that successfully uploaded (hundreds of items often successfully upload even if there’s an overall csv failure).

In such a case, all items need to be deleted and then the attempt has to be made again. Since that isn’t practical with the existing data tab, the result is that the entire data type has to be deleted and set up again - and then all the app/page items have to be re-mapped to the redone data type.

I’ve done this several times and it’s bad enough that I’m moving to the airtable api (in Adalo) to get data, so I don’t have to import and experience this any more.

A delete all button would go a long way to correct this…

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Ben,

I am trying to allow a user on the app to do this. In fact I have a game room with questions (1-M) and then questions have answers (1-M) and when a user deletes the game room I would like to automatically delete all the questions and answers associated with that delete action.

If you can help me figure this one out I’d appreciate :slight_smile:

Regards,

Francisco

@NoCodeJedi There’s not really a way to do that currently. Is it necessary to delete the records of the questions and answers?

Yes, what I would like to do is, even if it would be a multi stepped action for example:

ACTION 1:

Action > Delete

And then have a filter option where I could select:
Game Room ID
Equals
Current Game Room > Game Room ID
(add filter)
Current Game Room > Questions > Answers > All

{This would delete all the answers to all the questions in the Game Room}

ACTION 2:

And then go again:

Action > Delete

Filter option:
Game Room ID
Equals
(add filter)
Current Game Room > Questions > All

{This would delete all the questions in the Game Room}

ACTION 3:

And finally add a final action:

Action > Delete

Filter option:
Game Room ID
Equals

Assuming Adalo follows the actions in order, which I believe it does, this would allow us to delete multiple records at once.

Francisco

@scriptchool FYI I created a hack for this deficiency to enable bulk deletion of records from an Adalo collection. See this. Has video + links to the project file on Github you can just download and run from within Katalon.

BTW you should vote up this feature request if you haven’t already: Bulk delete collection records | Voters | Adalo