Is it possible to use custom pricing w/ Stripe subscriptions

I’m trying to build a simple MVP that lets users enter a dollar amount, then makes a Stripe subscription at that price. Unfortunately, the Stripe subscription component for Adalo can only use preset payment plans with set amounts made in Stripe. The Zapier integration can create and stop subscriptions, but not update them.

As far as I can tell, there’s currently no way to do this cleanly?

Hello you have thought about setting a trial period (e. g. 7 days) instead of a cost (1 dollar), then you can set that when the trial period is over send the user to the subscription screen where they would no longer be able to reactivate their free subscription period (because they would have already used it) and would only be able to select the 1 dollar subscription.

Hola has pensado en establecer un periodo de prueba (ej. 7 días) en lugar de un costo (1 dólar), luego puedes establecer que cuando se termine el periodo de prueba envíe al usuario a la pantalla de suscripciones donde ya no podría volver a activar su periodo de suscripción gratis (debido a que ya la habría utilizado) y únicamente podría seleccionar la suscripción de 1 dólar.

I’m not sure I understand how that would allow choose-your-own-price to work in an editable way.

You’d have to do it with custom actions and API.

You can create a subscription item and add it to a user’s subscription. This will require understanding how Stripe’s API works.

Ideally, you should set up the custom actions as follows:

1. Set up the customer in stripe.
  2. Create the subscription item.
  3. Create a subscription for the user.
  4. Add the new subscription item to the user’s subscription.
  5. Charge the customer.
1 Like

Thanks for the insight! I am familiar with the Stripe API. Sounds like this is possible. Not quite “no-code”, but close!

1 Like

One more question. When you say “Charge the customer”, what is the recommended way of doing this? Ways I can think of:

• Making a custom component with Stripe Elements card input.
  • Getting the card information manually and using the API.
  • Using one of the Stripe Kit components somehow. I’m not sure how this would work, as those components do very specific things.

Create a new user collection parameter in the database and call it “stripe subscription”

On step 2 where you create the subscription item, update the logged-in user and fill that parameter with the new subscription ID number that was created.

Use the stripe subscription component and use magic text to fill in the subscription ID where it’s Logged in user > stripe subscription.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll give that a try.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.