Is there an information about basic terms and definitions of Adalo?

Surprisingly enough, I don’t see a dictionary for most important terms, such as “Current User”, “Logged In User”, “Create button”, “Update button”, and so on, in some academic format. Explanation of how Adalo works in general, in its basics.

Tutorial videos are good, but too fluent for me for the start, and too specific as well. It is undoubtedly necessary to have them. However I need both theory and practice. To say this more academically :wink: - I need more of explicit learning as well - rather that just and only implicit learning by example.

So my question is - does such theory exist in any source anywhere at all? I would love to read about basic concepts, about how Adalo works in general, etc.

For example, implicitly I tended to conclude (and that was an error) that button “Update” created another line in a database, while when I explicitly questioned that from more experienced user - received an answer that in fact “Update” button did not create new line but instead updated a field (or some fields) in the existing line just created.

So I would rather read about basic things like this in advance before even looking at any example. That would make watching those tutorial videos much more useful and productive for me.

Hi Ruslan,

This could probably help.

Current User:

For example, if you have a list of users in your app and you click on one, you would go to a screen and the information about the CURRENT USER would show up.

Logged In User:

The user that is currently logged in. For example, when a user signs up or logs in, then they go to the home screen, the data for the current LOGGED in user would show up.

Create Button:

Basically creates a record in your database. Let’s say you have a list of tasks you have to complete. There would be a “add” button that creates a record in your TASKS collection; then there would be a list of tasks that you have to do.

Update Button:

The same example from above, if you wanted to update a task, you would have the list of tasks then that list would go to a screen with a form that UPDATES the current TASK.

I hope this helped! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi James, very many thanks for your super kind response with so many details, it does help a bit indeed, however the link you provided contained just three terms :wink: And I used those terms you kindly defined for me as examples, meaning I would love to see the whole theoretical description of the Adalo platform logic. That would make learning process so much more efficient. Seems that such a thing does not exist!))) Well, then, no choice but to study as is, implicitly, by learning, bit by bit :slight_smile:
Many thanks again.
Cheers!

No problem. Yeah I didn’t know any of the terms when I started out learning Adalo. I just learned by trial and error, posting questions in the forum, and watching tutorials. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.