I am trying to create a notification icon (or ellipse in this case) that illustrates unread posts from the current user. In order to accomplish this, I am comparing the number of read receipts in one database compared to the number of posts that a particular author has written (Figure 1: Original settings in Adalo editor, Figure 2: Original previewer result). However when I run these settings in the previewer, I do not get the proper results. To confirm this was an error, I added two numbers to top of each profile picture – the top being the number of read receipts, and the bottom being the number of posts created by the author.
When I compare the number of read receipts to a static number (e.g., 3), on the other hand, the visibility settings appear to work (Figure 3: Test settings in Adalo editor, Figure 4: Test previewer result). This leads me to believe that this issue is likely with the editor comparing two variables, although I cannot rule out user error.
I’ve run similar tests with a number of different combinations of alternative database inputs (i.e. rather than Current User > Posts (Author) > Count, creating a new database property for post count: Current User > Post Count) as well as equalities/inequalities (e.g., Less than or equal to, less than, greater than) and seem to get similar results.