Modify text input to lowercase letters only

Hello!

Is it possible to modify a text input, and make it all “lowercase” no matter what the user typed in?

For example: user types “Hello” → text input should update to “hello” (after a click of a button)

Thanks

Hi Tom,

You can do this with Abracadalo . I will add a video. Give me some time.

Thank you

Here’s the video :

You need to signup on Abracadalo to get the API Key :

1 Like

Wait. I just saw that you can configure any input field as “Lowercase” and that solves my problem. So I guess I won’t need the API solution…

1 Like

Can I ask where you found that?

Edit: I found it, never noticed that! Still might be worth going the api route for anyone who wants a password or email forced lowercase.

How do you do this? Could you explain where you found it?

In the “input” properties. Change the “text” to password/numbers/lowercase :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome!

I know about this but I didn’t suggest that because you can’t add Capital letters there. In your example it says if you type Hello convert it to hello. And I thought you need to add capital too and I suggest the Abracadalo way!

Happy that Lowercase option solved your question!

All the best with your app!

1 Like

Hello my friend. I advise you to use Abracadalo for this, on the vastness of YouTube and Google you can find various tutorials about this.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.