Multiple filters for list

How can I create filters for a list?

Hi @SDG,

There is a “Filter” section in the List settings - you can add filters there.
Do you face any specific problem?

Best regards, Victor.

I don’t see a filter option. I am new to this platform, so I may not be looking in the right place. Are records in a collection considered a list? If so, where’s the filter?

Hi @SDG,

“Collection” could be viewed as a table, where you store data.
“Lists” are screen components, which display the data from the collections (in a list form), with or without filters. For example:

• you create a collection, say, “Books”
  • you create records in this collection (each record will represent a book)
  • you put a “List” component on the screen (there are several types of lists, select the one you like), and set it up to display a Books collection
  • you can put a filter for the List: for example, display Books based on the search bar text.

I would recommend to review the help documentation about the Screens & Components:

There is a “Lists” subsection, which explains how to work with lists and how to use filtering.

Best regards, Victor.

Thanks! This helps a lot.

1 Like

It looks like I am able to filter the list and show the records I want to display. But, can a user filter the list?

Hi @SDG,

Yes, it is possible.
For example, here you can see how to create a search bar:
https://help.adalo.com/how-to/untitled
and here is the example of list filtering by category:

I would advise to read the whole Help section on the site and watch the video tutorials. This shouldn’t take a lot of time - just a few hours, but it will help a lot to you familiarise yourself with Adalo.

Best regards, Victor.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.