Personal trainer app MVP with location based settings

Hi everyone,

For months I’ve been looking for a developer to build this app for me. I’m wondering if these features are possible in Adalo. I want to create a booking app where personal trainers and people looking to train can sign up, make bookings, send requests, and only pay within the app after acceptance, with payments processed through Stripe. Personal trainers should be able to enter their location, which is then updated in the background so that other users can easily book based on location. Since it’s an MVP, it should be kept as simple as possible. Additionally, if feasible but not currently essential, a chat function, and what is important is having settings to change your profile/address/password and receive emails. If it is possible to implement a live tracker feature where you can track the personal trainer all the way to your house, that would be great.

I am curious about the following aspects regarding app development: the estimated time it takes to develop such an app, whether it is technically feasible, the potential cost implications once you have around 50,000 active users per month, whether it would be wiser to have it built natively or in Flutter, and how updates and outages would be handled.

Assume that the design is already completed and that it only needs to be developed.

I look forward to receiving responses.
Peter

1 Like

Hi Peter,
This should all definitely be possible within Adalo. For speed of dev you can’t go wrong with using Adalo for this especially since designs exist.
It is important to note that some designs might need to be changed to align with Adalo best practice and ensure optimised app experience.

I would be more than happy to help out.

I’m curious about the costs of having it built and which package I should choose from Adalo. However, I’m also interested in what happens if your app experiences rapid growth and what costs that entails compared to a native or Flutter app. I understand that a Flutter app can be more expensive than using Adalo. However, if the cost per click is even higher, then it doesn’t make much sense.

Hi @Peter1 ,

I have messaged you privately. Please check it out

Hi @Peter1 I just read your job description and fully understood what you required.
Please contact with me.
I just set the steps like this

Step 1: Project Planning

1. App Design: Start by defining the app’s user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design. Adalo provides a drag-and-drop interface for designing app screens.
  2. Feature Prioritization: Given that it’s an MVP, prioritize essential features like user registration, booking, and payments. Complex features like live tracking and chat can be considered for future updates.
    Step 2: User Authentication and Registration
  • User Authentication: Use Adalo’s built-in user authentication features to allow users to sign up and log in.
    Step 3: User Profiles
  • Create User Profiles: Use Adalo’s collections to store user profile data, including trainers and trainees. Allow users to create and update their profiles.
    Step 4: Booking System
  • Booking Logic: Create collections to manage booking requests. Users can send booking requests to trainers, and trainers can accept or decline them.
    Step 5: Payment Processing
    -Integrate Stripe: Adalo offers a Stripe integration for handling payments. You can set up Stripe to process payments when bookings are accepted.
    Step 6: Location-Based Features
  • Location Services: Implement location-based features by using Adalo’s map component. Trainers can input their location, and users can search for trainers based on location.
    Step 7: Chat Functionality (Optional)
    -Basic Chat: While Adalo doesn’t have a built-in chat feature, you can create a basic messaging system using collections and forms for sending messages between users.
    Step 8: Profile Management
    -Settings Screen: Build a settings screen where users can change their profiles, addresses, and passwords. Use Adalo’s forms and collections to handle profile updates.
    Step 9: Email Notifications
    -Email Integration: Set up email notifications using Adalo’s email actions. Users receive email notifications for booking confirmations and updates.
    Step 10: Live Tracker Feature (Complex and Optional)
    -Real-Time Tracking: Implementing real-time tracking in Adalo can be challenging. You might need custom development and third-party services for this feature.
    Step 11: Testing and Quality Assurance
  • Testing: Thoroughly test your app’s functionality, user flows, and payment processing. Ensure that all features work as expected.
    Step 12: Deployment
  • Publish Your App: Publish your app to the App Store and Google Play Store using Adalo’s deployment options. Adalo handles the deployment process.
    Step 13: Maintenance and Updates
  • App Updates: Regularly update your app to fix bugs and add new features. Adalo provides tools for updating your app’s content and design.
    Step 14: Scalability and Cost Considerations
  • Active Users: As your user base grows to around 50,000 active users per month, monitor your app’s performance. Adalo pricing might be based on the number of users or usage, so be prepared for potential cost increases.

I just look forward to working with you.
Please let me know your idea.

You mean FlutterFlow? If yes, so I suggest you to caunt pricing again