Problem with sheetdb and query parameters

Hello.
In view of the lack of knowledge of query parameters, I have been trying for 3 days to set up an external database so that it would give the result I need.

The screenshots below show the sheetdb.io help doc, since the main source a google sheets.

Following the example, I tried to set up in adalo.
The application displays the entire list, I need to filter it so that there are left only two parameters that have true. But no matter how hard I try I have the same result.
Below is a screenshot of how looks the result from sheetdb in adalo.

Hi @Mykhailo,
This is a tricky one :wink:

The first issue is that SheetDB.io uses different URLs / endpoints for GET - All Data
and Get - Search documents

You can start using the first URL:

But you need to change the endpoint for the GET endpoint:

The challenge is that you need to get data back to be able to save the configuration in Adalo.
So we need to select something.
That is why you find the ?Name[]=! at the end of the URL

Why the [ ] and ! ??
From the SheetDB API documentation:

The ?Name[]=! at the end of the URL basically filters for all Names that are NOT (=> this is the !) empty.
The because we want to add a a second dynamic filter later.

For testing I setup a simple list showing all data:

when the user clicks the arrow, the second screen should only show the selected, single record/row:

:

Here I set the second dynamic filter.
The First field has the parameter Name, the second one the value.

Result
2020-07-27_18-23-31 (1)

Background
What happens here is that a GET request is created with the first part (yellow) coming from the configuration for the collection, and the second part (green) added by the dynamic filter on the second screen:

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer!

Your solution helped!!!

@karimoo
Thanks again for the help with the previous problem, maybe you know if there is a way or a trick to get unique values through the query parameters and SheetDB.io?

No. That is something you have to control in the sheet.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.