Restaurant Table Seating

Is it possible to create a restaurant seating app in Adalo with features like booking table, waiting time, cancelling, adding event to the calendar.

1 Like

Hi @meetmenon,

In my personal opinion, and based on my experience with Adalo, building such app seems to be possible.
But of course time and efforts will depend on the detailed requirements.

Complexities may arise if real-time events should be used in the app (i.e. something changes based on time schedule without any user/admin interaction). This might require integration with external services.
Otherwise, simple seating app sounds quite feasible.

Hi @meetmenon,
I am developing it right now. I hit the wall in a couple of things that I am trying to tackle but as @Victor said, this needs some External services, Adalo is not ready yet to handle all internally. But if you wanna work together in sharing experience, let me know, I am opened to that.

1 Like

Thanks @Victor, I think I will have to work on simple seating.

1 Like

Sound great @sebastas will keep you posted on the same.

Hi,
Any developments? So far I have been testing this with Airtable, which is the most viable option for now. but I am still facing some issues when Table does not have same capacity as the reservation (when there are only couple of tables available). Also the other complication I found was: if you have booking at 11:00 for a Table 4, when will Table 4 become available again, so the buffer in case there reservation is not time limited. I think here business needs to checkout customer and make table available again or leave the table always visible in the Slots (11:00, 12:00, 13:00 and so on).

Hi,

I have still not started working on it as need to get more information from my team.
However to answer your problem. I would give a buffer of 45 mins to each booking to turn it to available and make it visible.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.