Scaling Up: Prioritizing Performance on Adalo

We’re “this” (holds up fingers) close and just having some staging hiccups today.

7 Likes

Is there any chance that you have different environment for the update, so current environment is not affected to the patches ?

I would be willing to test the second environment if it would work as intended.

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to it :smiley:

Can you talk more about this?

Will that speed up the display of images in lists? On my app there is a delay 0.5 - 1 second before the image is loaded and showed in the list.

Unfortunately, the app has performance issues even in the US too. We have to wait for Adalo’s official performance update.

2 Likes

Hi… do we have any news about Adalo’s improvement and performance?

1 Like

Hey all. Happy to report that we’ve released “Speed up Lists with Counts”, which moves some of the counting logic to the backend for lists to improve performance. :tada: This touches a lot of code so we’re monitoring performance to make sure everything is working as expected before making an announcement or updating the performance page. I know you all are looking to stay updated on developments around performance so I wanted to let you know where we are even if it’s ahead of more public announcements. I’ll check back in early next week to report on whether or not this fix is meeting our standards or if there’s more work to do. Thanks!

20 Likes

Hi @adalojosh

Thanks for the update!
I just have one question: does that mean that it can be risky to launch a new build until you’re sure that it didn’t affect other code?

Great question @afonso. We’re looking good so far, I would move forward on new builds without concern here!

3 Likes

can you provide some stats (before vs. after) regarding the speed optimisation?

1 Like

Great news, thanks for the update!

Hi @adalojosh , I noticed that in the latest performance update, this is no longer included:

External Collections Speeds

Next up we’ll be tackling latency issues people have reported when connecting to 3rd party APIs via external collections.

Does this mean that this is no longer being worked on at the moment?

Correct, External Collection Speeds hit some snags in planning and I didn’t think it was accurate to continue indicating that you should be watching out for it until we can throw more dedicated resources at the problem. It’s still an area we’d like to improve but I want to start focusing that public list on projects I think we can ship soon.

1 Like

Hi Adalo Team. Is there any chance of latest new faster version is coming ?
Clicks are lagging too much.

2 Likes

:disappointed: I hope everything will be alright soon because I need speed too

1 Like

Hello Adalo family. Can you give a date for the update? I seriously need application speed

In South America, the adalo service is VERY slow, customers download the app and IT TAKES A LONG time to load the info, from when they click on the app icon until it opens the app (first: you see a white screen and second: delay 10 to 15 seconds is a lot)
We invest many hours and money in working with ADALO but the service is slow, they should urgently adjust that or charge according to location due to the low speed and practicality of the apps.

1 Like

yes i agree with that. If necessary, let’s get a $10,000 monthly membership package. but let’s have a quick application.

3 Likes

Hi… do we have any news about Adalo’s improvement and performance?