Scaling Up: Prioritizing Performance on Adalo

Hi @David ,

Thanks for the response.

Is adding indexes in collections can help performance, especially when loading list ?

@David Please let the team know this illustration is awesome. Alot of us are suffering on the left. >.< I hope App Tracking in IOS - native modal which shows allow user to track or dont allow can be in your planning stage soon.

1 Like

Well, to be honest, I have seen a great performance improvement in my apps :racing_car:. about 4x to 6x times compared to how it was about 6 to 8 months ago :clap:.

So, for my purpose which is to test my MVPs in the market, Adalo has been a really powerful solution.

The performance page is clear about where they are heading and I am confident about the future of the platform. User location (GPS Coordinates) and input field masking (especially for pricing, passport, and SSN) is crucial for me right now, but I can wait. At some point, I know they will release something great.

1 Like

Btw, there is an input masked component in the marketplace. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey @James_App_Maker Thanks a lot.

I saw it but unfortunately, it doesn’t fit my needs. I cant set the keyboard type to be numeric and the fact that it is a form and not a single input field is also a problem. Some pages like this one require more than one input field and numeric keyboards.

1 Like

Hoping to hear an update regarding the performance improvements that were in the final testing stages, as mentioned in last week’s update.

We need some kind of NEWS FEED or a forum board to announce new components in the marketplace.

8 Likes

Hope we get an update tomorrow :smiley: , considering it’s been 2 weeks since the last one where some updates were about to launch in a week

2 Likes

Olá David, temos alguma novidade?

1 Like

seconding this. We have no idea when such things are added or installed.

Just a friendly reminder that we haven’t seen any updates implemented since May 11. Hope we get an update from the team this week.

2 Likes

Hah that’s true! I didn’t even realize this entered :slight_smile:

Any more updates @David ? Did the update mentioned a few weeks ago get pushed?

There has been an important update being worked on here for the performance of “counts” within the platform. This one has been released last week but we noticed that it created a bug within the platform so, unfortunately, it had to be reverted.

This is again in the final stages of testing again after the fix from last week and is likely to be released in the coming work days (except a Friday for obvious reasons)

2 Likes

I’ve just been reading through a lot of these posts and I think one of the biggest things the Adalo team could do is simply communicate more.

If you set a date for a release then people expect that to happen. Obviously, things can and will go wrong which will affect that update being released on the set date - no worries, we all get it.
BUT - just post an update!

A ‘non-update’ is always better than no update. This is just basic customer service and a part that every company should get right.

9 Likes

Adalo não gosta de feedback com cliente.

Agreed. Just what I was thinking

Exactly! It’s very simple. We know their team is growing, structural changes are being made, but the lack of transparency is frightening. The same people who came here to talk to us about everything could do the same now, regardless of internal changes. As you said, the community would understand the delay in the delivery of features (this is not a problem), we really want to be part of this movement with Adalo. We are here using our precious time on a Sunday because we love Adalo and we want to go on together.

5 Likes

In my case, I actually communicate to our users when a certain feature or performance upgrade will come to our apps, based on what Adalo communicates to us. When Adalo goes radio silent (which is a lot), it really puts me in a bad spot. I have to delay my plans with no fixed date in sight, nor can I offer my app users any timeline on when performance upgrades or certain features dependent on performance will be implemented.

They’ve also mentioned that they’ll be more upfront about communication a couple of times (hence the status page, and the performance page), but at this point, it’s way past due than to just committing to more frequent communication. We really need a timeline on these items:

• when external collections will become faster
  • when lists will load faster
  • when actions will become faster
  • when skeleton loading will be implemented

These are all the upcoming upgrades that they have mentioned in their performance page. We need dates and a commitment to stick to these, because WE also rely on those dates. I’ve pushed our plans by almost 12 months now just to be able to launch with good performance. I still haven’t been able to do that. We can’t wait any longer. We need dates.

3 Likes

Exactly! Communication and dates give us faith. Mere hope is a lost game.

2 Likes