Screen that contains custom list is blank when navigating from another place in the app

When user first visits the screen it works fine

When user goes into a topic and completes a lesson and clicks “Finished” it goes back to the Topics page but the list is blank

Here are the settings

When you look at your data does the topic still have a relationship to the course when this happens?

Yes. There are 3 separate courses. Each course has a list of its own topics. When you navigate back to the topics screen, you should see the list of topics of the course that you’re currently working through.
This worked just a couple of days ago and now it’s broken.

I hope that’s enough information. Thank you so much for replying!

Oh, and in the database, it looks like this:

If I had to guess, I’d say that when you return to the topics list the screen has lost the context of the course the user was looking at.

I assume the user moves from this screen to a topic screen? What happens after that? Have a look at the collections available on each screen and make sure you’re keeping the course included in the collections as you link from screen to screen. If you get to a point in the process where the user doesn’t have the context of the course they’re looking at anymore then when you return to the topics screen it doesn’t know which course topics to show anymore.

Ok, thank you so much! Let me review my collections and see if that is the case. I appreciate your help!

Try using “back” link actions when you can. This will ensure that while navigating from a list you are able to keep the current data being sent until another list action changes the data to be sent.

I hope that is understandable, I had a hard time trying to explain it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, Jacob! Yes. I found this info - Adalo Tutorial: Most Common Mistakes - Current Data Missing From Screen, Data Loops and Flow Breaks

Explains a lot. I may have over-engineered this app :confused:

1 Like