Send email (Zapier and SendGrid)

I need Help, try send email from sendGrid with Zapier,

The resultat of test in zapier is OK, but my problem is because I dont know configurer the trigger notification in adalo, I can’t find the option of sendGrid that i configure, :frowning:

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Set the database for new record (Adalo)+ sendgrid in zapier

Hi ishantanusrivastava
Thanks, I try and try configurer but i dont know…

On Sengrid, I have this information

On adalo, this is what i do:

1 Like

I have not set this up yet, but to me it looks like on Step 1 you need to add the Auth Setup items - I’m thinking that is where you will put your BEARER key…

@perc80

Even I tried this feature. I believe Adalo supports only if the base url supports all kind of operations.

@zachbharris is there any possibilities that we can configure external API which supports only one operation on base URL?

Thanks

Well, i need send an email from my app with or with out sendgrid, someone could have done it? if the answer is positive, please send me the procedure.

I think Adalo allow Database API not any other api in Upordo i’m using simple zapier task means when adalo collection = new entry > Send email to that user

Thats it

Some days ago i’m trying to connect gif api but not able to do that @Ben is it possible to connect api other than database api

Like any api( gif - tenor API ) or something else

Our Custom Actions feature which is in development will allow for this method of communicating with an external API. In the meantime @perc80 the best way to send email through sendgrid is using the zapier set up, like you had initially started. The trigger for the Zap to run will be a new record in Adalo. There won’t be any other specific action on the Adalo side of things.

Hi Ben and Ishantani, please, i have tried and tried but is not possible, so please you could send me a procedure (video ou picture) in both (adalo and sendgrid) because i dont know as doing it.

On zapier le test is correct

So, I dont know this information,

infoRem

where i could find it? if you see my second message, that information is not corret!

Thanks

I think zapier task run on every 15 min

You don’t need to setup an an external collection at all. The zap will trigger based on a new record being added to the normal collection that you specified in the first step of the zap.

oK, i created the zap trigger based on a new record

but i created 3 news records (restaurant )and it doesn’t work.

Well i continue to tester and i did of trigger

also I want to send the email to the current user, however is not the option

and the email is not sent :frowning:

I just saw this erreur in zapier

and I checked the configuration of “to”

But i dont know, what is my mistake? I need your help again!

What do you have set up as the trigger in Zapier?

I have a new record in adalo

on the table “Restaurante”

the purpose is to send an email to the user when creating a restaurant.

It looks lie the restaurant record in Adalo that Zapier was triggering on didn’t have a value for it’s Email property.

Those of you who have set up the Adalo + SendGrid zap, that means you have upgraded to SendGrid PRO, paying SendGrid $90 per month? @ishantanusrivastava ?

Has anyone else set up a different transactional mail provider via Zapier with Adalo? Ideally free, or low monthly fee. I don’t think my app will need 100k emails per month anytime soon…lol

Let me clear how done this please view this video https://www.loom.com/share/1980e8edbfb3450f8dff0f97fc6257cd

And no i’m not paying, i’m using free sendgrid plan 100mail/day

I’ve seen people use Zapier and Gmail for this.