Setting Default Status on Form Submit

@Seasta1 Glad that I can help

@Rez

I have not tried it yet,

But assuming that action button cannot be placed inside list, it might not work.

Being in no-code platform means we need to follow their rules, and adjust our UI/UX that benefit our design and database performance, rather than entertaining user’s wants.

1 Like

@Yongki Thank you for your answer! I guess I will need to figure out a way to do it. I’ll let you know if I achieve success.

@Yongki I was able to make it work but I had to create 2 lists.

I created a “Custom List” and deleted all the content inside of it.

Then I created a button and turned that button into a list.

Then I put the button list inside the first list.

They are lists of “STATUSES” filtered by “STATUS NAME” that is “EQUAL TO” “DRAFT” - which is the status I want to set.

When click, the action is to “CREATE NEW ORDER” and “UPDATE STATUS” to the “CURRENT STATUS”.

Updating to make sure it makes sense for anyone that needs help w/ this!

1 Like

@Rez

Thanks for providing this feedback.

It comes in handy when I needed.

I think the center of gravity in Adalo is in their custom list.

1 Like

Thanks, @Yongki!

It seems I am having 2 issues though:

The order is created, but I can’t set the “Logged in user” as the User associated to the order, neither I can stamp the “Current Date and Time”. The connection field is there for sure, but it doesn’t come up on the list of fields I can select under “Actions”.

My solution was to create 2 actions on the next screen that update that info when the visitor enters.

Hi @Rez ,

I have updated the cloneable app to experiment your issue.

In the add order screen, there are 2 buttons, normal button and action button, but they act differently in adding logged in user to order collection, I don’t know this is normal or bug, because this is the first time I use action button inside list.

The normal button is the one that is working.

The drawback with many workarounds is we get lost, because so many caves and holes we have to dig in, so if it works and acceptable in simple way, I try to stick to that, but I know, temptation to be better is hard to resist. :grinning:

1 Like

@Yongki thank you for taking the time to build that!

I changed from an action button to a regular button but still doesn’t work on mine, it’s so odd!

1 Like

Yeah, I know the feeling.

Some body stretching maybe or redo the screen all over again.

1 Like