Setting Default Status on Form Submit

Could you explain more when you say a user-facing filter?

Hi James,

I think perhaps an example may articulate it better. I am looking to get the UI to show a drop down of all the unique statuses and the logged in users corresponding jobs that relate to each status. Please see below.

Example:
Sally has posted 5 different job ads that she wants some help with.
Cleaning - In Progress
Learning English - Completed
Building a birdhouse - Awaiting Match
Learning Piano - Completed
Snowshoeing lessons - Cancelled

Sally wants to be able to see a list of jobs that fall under each category and then action on them.
For the “Awaiting Match” items she will want to see if anyone wants to help her do the job and then select a worker to help.

Sally wants to recommend a worker to a friend of hers but cannot remember the name of who completed the her task. So Sally wants to filter on “Completed” Jobs and see the details of an old job that has been completed.

I’ll create a cloneable app for you soon! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hey James, have you had a chance to look at the filter list issue yet?

Yeah I’ll try to do it today, could you just remind me what the overall problem is?

Sure.
I am unable to figure out how to create a front-end facing list that can be filtered by the corresponding job status i.e. Awaiting Match, Active, In Progress, Closed… I want the user to be able to see a list of all jobs that align with the selected status they set and then click through to see that job in further detail and possibly action on it.

Currently, I have a text field as per the suggestions above that holds the status of each job and is updated accordingly at different parts of the app.

I get it now, I’ll try to make a cloneable within an hour or less. :grinning:

1 Like

Is this basically what your trying to achieve?
https://previewer.adalo.com/da3accd4-6609-4693-87d7-6fc4d403e8d2

Yes that is what I was looking for. I also had the “Status” collection in earlier cycles but was having difficulty adding jobs to each status. I am sure that If I look at the cloneable app I will be able to make it work now.

thanks. I will work on it tonight and hopefully this will all be 100%

In the beginning I got confused about the Jobs and Status but now I figured it out, if you have any questions you could ask it here! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Mark it as a solution if it works.

1 Like

We are so close James. I think we are back at the original problem though.

A user has to be able to create their own Job, and when that job is created it should then be added to the corresponding Status in the new Status database. (Awaiting Match)

The list is showing correctly.

I feel like I should be able to do this in either of the two locations as per the screenshot. But it is not allowing me.

Each job that the user creates needs to be included in the “Awaiting Match” Status within the Status Database. Screenshot.

Hi Daniel!

Is it ok if I update the cloneable app with what you need and its going to be done tomorrow?

That would be appreciated.

https://previewer.adalo.com/da3accd4-6609-4693-87d7-6fc4d403e8d2
I updated the cloneable app, let me know if you have any questions or if you want me to add anything else to it.

This is not the solution either. Is there an alternative form of support?

There are only two requirements:

• On your cloneable app the user should create the job and not have any option to select the status in the list. Each job that is created should be in the awaiting match status automatically.

• Each Job should be visible to the user according to its status.They will all be in awaiting match to begin, they will only change status when there is an action taken on them.

this has become very tiresome for what I can see is a simple solution. Just one that continues to elude me.

This is cloneable app that might answer your requirements.

to read a collection (get await status), we need to use list, in Adalo, we can hide it and show it as button or text or input.

nested list is also useful to update relation, which is actually open many collections and filter them according our needs.

Oh man, @Yongki, That worked. That is exactly what I needed. I figured there would be a way to do it with a more basic configuration but your cloneable app offers exactly what I needed.

Thank you !!

@James_App_Maker thank you for all your effort on this. I know how tough it is to try and make sense of requirements over a couple of poorly described messages. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

@Seasta1 Your welcome.

Thanks for sharing!

I am trying to set a default status but using an Action Button instead of a using a form.

Is there a way to do that?