Slider shows NOTHING AVAILABLE for Property to Adjust

I’m trying to add the slider component as the input for a Database Collection that has a Number Property but the pull down menu for “What property does this adjust?” only ever shows “Nothing Available” even though I have several collections with number properties. No magic text either. Is there some other step that needs to be set or linked that isn’t covered in the official documentation?

Hey there @Multivusic Welcome to the community :sunglasses:

The Slider component is an “update” component that requires data to be on-screen in order to link the parameter.

So by default, the only options you’d have on-screen if there is no other data is any logged-in user number parameter, like this:

Now if you want to use this slider to update a number parameter in a different collection, ensure that you have the data on-screen.

For example:

2 Likes

Adding a video to the Awesome explanation by Flawless!

( Video posted in this post : Slider and Checkboxes in Form - #8 by dilon_perera )

1 Like

Thanks @Flawless, I was indeed trying to change the number in a different collection. Following your screenshots I reattempted and noticed I wasn’t linking the data to the next screen, once I added that Action in the submit button it worked as per your screenshots (funny I didn’t have to do that for Lists, which was what was throwing me off). I do want to have the slider in the same page as the entry form though and I saw @dilon_perera video will get me there. So thanks to both and the great first forum experience! :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.