Slow background image loading. Avoid or not?

App is built(functionality). Now I’m working on the UI which is the not so fun part with Adalo.

I’m adding an image background to a screen and I noticed that the content loads before the background img so you get a little flicker and it looks buggy. This is on a static about us screen with no dynamic/cms content at all.

Questions:

1. Is this something that would potentially go away once the app is on the App Store? As I read in a few posts that performance is enhanced over there.
  2. Based on your experience: is using an image-background a performance hog for Adalo altogether?
  3. Is there a way to make the loading a bit longer (ms) but to get a few elements loaded before others - in this case the background image?

Hey there @LuisNavarro

What is the size of the background image you are using? The larger the image, the longer it will take to load.

I would recommend compressing the image to fit the viewport of the screen (i.e., 375x667 pixels).

I tried this but unfortunately the image comes out very pixelated since it’s a png. I will try to find a workaround using a Lottie.

Thanks for the fast answer @Flawless !

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.