Star rating and filter by rating

If this could be added to feature request. We need a rating system.

Hi @hermes! You can submit this as a feature request at https://ideas.adalo.com :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im trying to do my own rating. Shouldnt it be possible to show different amount of stars depending if the rating is good, great or perfect? Let say good is 3, great 4 and 5 is perfect. I tried to create properties in the item collection and set it as a number. Just didnt figure out how to view the stars with “show sometimes” condition. Any suggestions?

I think you should consider one collection per rating. So if you have ratings from 1 to 5, have 5 True/False collections and conditional visibility might work.

I just published a comprehensive tutorial complete with video walkthrough that shows you how to do exactly this: How to create a star ratings component in Adalo - Grid7

let me know if you have any questions

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Do you think formulas can solve similiar case where i display 4 different pie charts depending if it says 15, 30,45 or 60 minutes? I tried using “show sometimes” and stack images on same spot, but that messed up the alignment. Was thinking something like this : “if input minutes == 15 show image1” ?

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 12.51.22 15 minutes
Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 12.51.00 30 minutes
Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 12.51.13 45 minutes
Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 12.51.28 60 minutes

So can do it either way in that scenario:

1. Use visibility rules to show/hide and swap out the image in the same spot or
  2. Use the method I demonstrated where you reference an external image dynamically by rewriting the URL with magic text

Both work. I use option #1 with our onboarding checklist. In our scenario it’s just just a show hide with a checkmark but I have a clear spacer png holding the blank space to keep alignment correct in absence of the checkmark.

So yes both ways should work

1 Like

Im not sure what im gonna compare it with. I have one input field for Starting Hour / Starting Minute and same for Ending Hour / Ending Minute. In this certain case one class isnt longer than an hour i think. I could have toggles where user check what is correct, but would ofc be more neat that it do that automaticly. I was thinking comparing starting minute with ending minute. I had it working but manged to break it again.

Maybe try this another way:

• Add a collection called “Class Length” with an image field
  • add 4 records (15, 30, 45, 60min) and the corresponding graphic above for each
  • 1-to-many relationship to your Classes table
  • When you display a class, you can serve the dynamic image that corresponds to its class type.

Try that and post a video if you get stuck?

1 Like

Sounds like that can work out. Thanks for the insight!

Hi there.

I can you mentioned “swapping” of visible/invisible objects.
I am trying to create a rating feature. So I have a matrix of 5x6 stars.

X0000
XX000
XXX00
XXXX0
XXXXX

I want to show only one line of starts, depending on the rating, in the first row. For example, if a store is rated with 5 stars, I want it to appear on the first row of my 5x6 matrix when a rating of 0 stars is.
How to do that?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

I would actually just use the star rating component from the marketplace at this point:

I had written this tutorial prior to that exiting but that would likely be the simplest way to accomplish what you’re trying to do.