The database loss that occurs regularly at Adalo has occurred again

Hi, I worked until 4am on my app and had no issues. When I wanted to go back 15min ago, I saw that all my databases were empty.
I see that I am not the only one and I learn by reading your messages that it is regular.
Does the data come back or does it have to be recreated?
For the moment, I am at the development stage so nothing irretrievable.

In my app, I have just had a user ask for a guarantee for the ticket price because he/she was unable to communicate with the person he/she was meeting up with in the app and the ticket price was wasted.

Using Adalo means that we need to be open to these kinds of inquiries from users.

Will we need to rebuild the database or once Adalo fixes the issue it will all go back to normal ?

1 Like

is it tricky for those who have bought just a professional plan may not enough? As a solo dev, do I need to buy Team plan for the Xano? :frowning:

Currently, my public app is cannot login and use as well as my app on Adalo.

It appears there is no update on this thread from the adalo team. Is there somewhere else we can check the status on this critical outage? How does the adalo team typically deal with these kind of issues?

There is no other place to check status.

It may not be fixed for 12-24 hours from now, as there have been instances in the past where it has not been fixed for 48 hours.

I’m sure there will be a post from someone at Adalo saying "sorry, we’ll work on it so the problem doesn’t happen again.

And then the problem will happen again somewhere else.

@sara.m
Adalo does not work on Saturdays and Sundays, so the policy seems to be, “If you have a problem on a Saturday or Sunday, please be patient.”

1 Like

Does anyone knows if the database entries are coming back?

Same… and we’ve just closed a contract with a major client.

Does the data returns after that? Righ now I can’t acces any data on my app.

Does adalo takes any responsability if I lose my contract for their mistakes?

Want to know that too

Having the same issue here, leaving the app not working since yesterday. Quite surprised to hear this is a thing that happens again and again. Making it a bit difficult to feel “safe” releasing your product on the platform. Hope they see this a major priority to stop happening.

It’s better not to expect it.

This is my impression after using it for two and a half years.

It’s been happening for years now, otherwise the Adalo team would have seen this post and reported the situation.

With these issues, fewer people get angry in posts. Perhaps they moved to another service.

I’m guessing the Adalo team started addressing the issue about 5 hours after it happened, or they haven’t done anything yet.

Hi ! Nobody answer to the question of @sven or @gabs or me… ?
Will the data come back (after the Adalo Team will solve the problem) or do I have to start all over again manually?

I submitted a different post with this question and the answer was yes the database will come back once the issue is solved

2 Likes

at least…

thanks !

Are you doing regular backups for safety purpose?

Or did you considered storing the key data in an external service / databank?

I just receive a email from Adalo

Hi Marie-Christine,

Thank you for reaching out about this service interruption. I apologize for not only the untimely interruption, but also the time it has taken to respond to your ticket.

At 12:00 AM CST, Amazon triggered an unknown update to our database which has impacted our ability to save records to the database and access existing data. Our team is working on restoring a backup of the data right now.

Fortunately, we will be able to restore your data from before the service interruption but any new data during the interruption will not be saved. If this is your first time creating an app, you will be able to create new apps once we resolve this instance. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

To monitor the status of this situation, we recommend watching status.adalo.com to get the timeliest & most up-to-date information regarding your app’s status.

– Katelyn

1 Like

I make regular backups.

However, it is not possible to take a backup of the data generated before the backup and the problem occurred.

Data is back for us

1 Like