Three-way relationship

Hi Adalo Team,

maybe this is a stupid question, but I want to enable users to upload a post. This should appear on a seperate screen (the profile which shows all the posts from the user). I want to enable other users to like these posts and put them on a favorite list.

I tried to connect a post to the favorite/likes, but I would need to connect post - user - liked. Do you know if this is possible and if so how I can do this?

Best and thank you!!!

You’re going to want to watch this tutorial

skip to the 7 minute mark in the video and you’ll see what he’s putting together, if that’s what you want/need then this video should get you there

Hi @MarenAu,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

Just adding some videos besides for @Adalotaco’s great post!

These are easy! Check this video : https://youtu.be/N29KrGIwwqg

These are not covered in the above video but favorite is covered in the video that @Adalotaco mentioned! Micheal teach about likes here : https://youtu.be/5YNZSP-IPvI?t=68and same for Favorites. Adalo Team teach about Favorites : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-SvIRQHOfA And you can find more videos in YouTube!

Show posts with the like button and the users can like them right? Then you can watch the above added videos!

I also made a video and a app which may help!

Video

Posts - Help for Maren.mp4 - Google Drive

App

Posts - Help for Maren

Hope this helps!

Thank you

1 Like

Thank you so much for your fast responses!!

1 Like

Another question :smiley: sorry for bothering.

What I want to do is:

• I want to add a list (database) with pre-defined categories
  • I want users to upload a post but they need to select one/or more of the pre-defined categories
  • I want to give users the opportunity to search for post with that pre-defined category

Example:

• A user adds a post to describe a hike
  • He selects from the pre-defined category “difficult hike”
  • User should be able to search from a list which shows all categories (e.g., easy hike, difficult hike) - they should be able to filter for difficult hike and then ONLY the posts appear which have this selected category!

If I would be able to solve this - would be so great!!

Hi @MarenAu ,

When you add categories to a post and then search for that categories, I would call this relationship filtering.

If you have several categories, it could be AND to limit the result and OR to expand the result, if only have 1 category, it just would be the same.

I made example app in Resources category.

Hi Dilon,

as you are the Adalo expert I wanted to ask you two things:

First:

• I want to add a list (database) with pre-defined categories
  • I want users to upload a post but they need to select one/or more of the pre-defined categories (they should not be able to put it in themselves they need to select to which category this post applies to)
  • I want to give users the opportunity to search for post with that pre-defined category

Example:

• A user adds a post to describe a hike
  • He selects from the pre-defined category “difficult hike”
  • User should be able to search from a list which shows all categories (e.g., easy hike, difficult hike) - they should be able to filter for difficult hike and then ONLY the posts appear which have this selected category!

Second:

Do you know if it is possible if:

• a user uploads a post from a trip and says what the location was (e.g., Barcelona)
  • I want to make ONE screen where users can see all post and information which belong to this specific location

→ I have the post creation form where I have the field “location” but I don’t know I can display on a separate screen all posts which belong to that specific location

Maybe you can help… would really appreciate it!

Hi Maren,

I’m not a Expert in Adalo and I’m like a Semi Noob my friend but I believe I can help you!

Correct? : Posts - Help for Maren

Do you mean add the current location of that user for that post record?

Thank you for your help Dilon!

No, I mean that:

• a user posts a trip he did in Barcelona (In the data base for posts - “Location”)
  • Then I want to show one screen which shows all the posts from Barcelona (all posts from Location x)

When posting the user has to select the location right?

He can just type it in as an empty field. If it doesn’t work with an empty field than I can use your clone and filter for the location and only show the posts for this specific location, but this would be the best case…

So a input is displayed on the screen and the user can enter the location and create the post and then filter the posts with the selected country?