🏛️ Town Hall coming soon... What questions do you want answered?

#1 - There has been no update infra and performance for more than a quarter and businesses outside the US are suffering the most. What is Adalo’s commitment to fellow NON-US developers/businesses?

#2 - Adalo’s success relies on how the developer community accepts Adalo as a mobile/web app development platform. When will Adalo start “Developer’s Day”, an exclusive event to share synergies and ideas from both sides?

4 Likes

Hi Jesse,

I don’t want to sound negative but for awhile Adalo was killing it, pumping out features like crazy and then all of a sudden somewhere around 5 months ago it just stopped.

Can you give us a big picture of what the plan is moving forward?

Thanks,
John

2 Likes

When will Adalo indegrate complex logic (not only in filter but also actions, visibility, formulas…)

1 Like

Will it be possible one day to migrate adalo data to an app which has been coded in order to scale a startup.

What design elements cause an Android app to be significantly less responsive than its iOS counterpart? Which of these elements should we build around and which may be addressed with near-term performance enhancements from Adalo?

By using external collections for lists and eliminating auto-refresh, I finally have an iOS app that is awesome. My Android user’s are not getting the same feeling though as they find the app laggy or slow.

4 Likes

It is easier to optimize for ios since the devices are “limited” to a much smaller range and ios variants than on android. It’s the same with windows software and software for apple.

This post will be closing at the end of the day. I will then be finding answers to your questions and hopefully posting the video next Wednesday (that’s my goal). Thank you to everybody who has shared!

3 Likes

About the new marketplace paid apps - Have these been tested rigorously by Adalo’s team or not?

I bought the new Action Menu and it simply doesn’t work. Completely broken on IOS. And since Adalo doesn’t have versioning, I have to now re-build my entire menu structure all over again. This cost me essentially an entire day of work.

4 Likes

I’m super concerned with the following three things and may end up moving to Bubble depending on the answer, or just biting the bullet and moving to code.

1. Scalability. I’m getting really poor performance off/on in the application which is causing pain in my launch. I’ve done a number of performance hacks suggested by various sites but still an issue.
  2. Need for code. There are a few areas that I need more flexibility with what happens and requires some form of code. The biggest of these is an instance where a new thing gets created and it needs to be initialized by spinning up a bunch of new records based on a template. Think of a a todo list that has a default set of todos when a user creates a new list. I’ve had to hack this together with the timer object in a list and is very kludgy. I need to have an action that iterates through a list of things and creates or updates another thing based on the action on a single thing.
  3. Need email integration. I need to send notifications on a web app to email to pull people back into the app and remind them to do a thing.
2 Likes

My question is because of the Bubble pricing announcement today.

Any plans on changing the Adalo pricing based on per app or per record?

(Interested forum users can check out the Bubble forum to see the huge pushback against their announced change today)

2 Likes

Update on the town hall: I’m not able to get it out today. Since a lot of the questions are about high level strategy and the future, it would be best if I brought David into this. We are planning to record this week (my schedule is very open, his not so much). I’ll pretty much be interviewing him on behalf of the community with a lot of the questions y’all submitted. Just wanted to give y’all an update.

Edit: Conflicting schedules on Thursday and Friday are not allowing us to do it this week. We are looking at early next week. Sorry for the inconvenience. I’m ready to get this rolling, but most of these questions require answers from leadership, so I’m doing my best to make that happen. Y’all asked some super high level stuff! I’ve got a glimpse at some of the answers and I’m excited to share it with y’all.

13 Likes