Trouble with Integrating ChatGPT in Adalo

Hello Adalo community,

I’ve been using Adalo for about a month now, and I have some experience with coding but want to learn to develop using no-code.

I’ve noticed that Adalo’s options and updates change very frequently right now, and it’s been challenging to find active forums to discuss and troubleshoot some of the nuances of using the platform effectively.

I’m currently working on integrating ChatGPT into my Adalo project, as well as using the marketplace ChatGPT Response component. However, I’ve encountered an issue.

No matter how many times I enter or re-enter the secret API key, I can’t seem to get the ChatGPT flyout to appear when I click on custom action buttons. I’ve tried various approaches, including using input text fields, buttons, and the custom ChatGPT component, but none of them seem to make the ChatGPT flyout available.

I have tried refreshing the screen to no avail. I’ve watched the most current YouTube videos several times, and there seems to be a step missing between entering the API and getting the custom ChatGPT flyout.

I know it’s possible because I accidentally triggered the ChatGPT flyout once, but I’m not sure how it happened.

Can someone please provide guidance on how to make the custom action ChatGPT flyout appear and be ready to use in Adalo?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

I’m having the same problem.

I finally got the marketplace ChatGPT Response component to work consistently. When I checked usage at OpenAI, I noticed it’s coded as InstructGPT (not ChatGPT), so the responses aren’t quite what I’m looking for. I want to try using the fully integrated Ask ChatGPT custom action to see if it works as expected.

I’m on a premium trial right now - is that why I don’t see the Ask ChatGPT custom action appear?

Just saw this @SuzanneCW. Maybe this will work for you too?

https://forum.adalo.com/t/chatgpt-custom-action-missing/41906/3

I tried this and it definitely worked for me. Just create an action first to create the item in the database - and then you’ll see the Ask ChatGPT pop-out appear.

Thanks @jnnyrchrds. I just saw that as well and I do have the flyout ChatGPT option.

Now I’m confused on how to organize ChatGPT within my app as it will have different tasks based on user input. The user input will not be text based, probably a toggle selection.

I’ve been tweaking other parts of the app hoping that it will all become clear, (and maybe debugged) when I work on that part again.

“I finally got the marketplace ChatGPT Response component to work consistently. When I checked usage at OpenAI, I noticed it’s coded as InstructGPT (not ChatGPT), so the responses aren’t quite what I’m looking for. I want to try using the fully integrated Ask ChatGPT custom action to see if it works as expected.”

I have some coding knowledge but not much experience. Can you please expand on this a bit. Because I only want responses, I think the marketplace Response component may be the best for those tasks.

My knowledge is limited too.

When I did a quick search on the difference between InstructGPT and ChatGPT, I found plenty of explanations - most saying that the difference is in intent. ChatGPT is much more conversational, whereas InstructGPT isn’t expected to respond like in a conversation (but merely provide a response). My app is about tone and manner, so conversationality is more important than the specificity of the response.

There are plenty of articles to read on this. Here’s one: What Is The Difference Between InstructGPT And ChatGPT? (theinsaneapp.com)

Hope this helps!

I’m so frustrated. I think if I’d spent a bit learning how to integrate it manually, I’d probably be done by now. I’ve tried every way to Sunday and cannot get the prebuilt ChatGPT action to work. I can’t make the marketplace ChatGPT response to work either. I know it’s going to be one little checkbox, or missed link, but I cannot figure it out. :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

Everything else has been super easy. My whole purpose for my app is completely tied to trained LLM/AI. I submitted a ticket showing where the step to make this work is missing in the video and the resource information. Fingers crossed we can get to the “response” of this wonderful new action.

@jnnyrchrds

On this page, OpenAI Platform, I noticed the completion that has “instruct” is an old version.

/v1/completions (Legacy) gpt-3.5-turbo-instruct, babbage-002, davinci-002

Not sure if this helps but worth a shot. Good luck @jnnyrchrds

I received an email from Adalo after I reached out for help. They responded that they found the problem and it is fixed and the action should work as expected.