User CSV Import & Display in Adalo?

Hello everyone, new to Adalo here!

I am trying to allow logged in users to import CSV files containing records of other users to upload the file and create an account for each user in the CSV file. I do not see a way natively in Adalo to do the following:

• Import CSV file in the app
  • Display a couple columns and all of the records (rows) or display in simple list
  • Edit rows before confirming
  • Store these records in an adalo collection

The CSV file is not edited in any way, just uploaded with the initial records. Based on my research, it seems Adalo does not do this natively, so if this is the case please let me know what integration with Zapier, Adalify, etc. I can use to achieve this functionality. Thank you!

Hi @AdaloAdmin,

I don’t think you’ll be able to achieve this in Adalo alone. I would suggest exploring Integromat options to process CSVs and send the data back to Adalo.
Building the exact scenario will depend on the format, requirements, etc.

Best regards, Victor.

Thanks for the reply @Victor,

I figured this was the case, what I am looking to do is to have the user upload a CSV, display a single column on the device from the CSV file, and allow users to add or remove entries from the uploaded CSV. Once confirmed, the user would click a button, and all the entries would be added to a collection in Adalo. No special formatting other than displaying a single column once uploaded, and the data serves to create user accounts, so the data will contain name, email, etc.

Would you be able to provide me the link to the module in integromat or its documentation that specifically does this? Much appreciated!

Hi @AdaloAdmin,

I wish there existed a single module for the operation like this :grin: :grin:

At a glance this is not a trivial task.
Even if we presume that CSV format is always correct (which is not the case in real life), I can imagine the whole app + scenario could look like:

• sone temporary property to store the file (in Users collection most probably)
  • a webhook which accepts the request from the app
  • then Integromat can get the CSV file (most probably: Adalo List Records in Users collection → filter by user email → get file URL)
  • then Integromat needs to parse this CSV. As an idea - you could create new record in Adalo immediately while parsing. So the result will be new X records in some data collection in Adalo.
  • and then scenario can return success response. After that user can delete the unneeded records and proceed.

Note: this is just a sketch - creating scenario in reality may require other details and may be even the approach is not correct.

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

Thanks again @Victor, I will see what I can do. It appears I need to conduct some research on how Integromat can handle CSV files and what I can do just with integromat and Adalo working together. I might have questions later and I will be sure to ask them here.

1 Like