Validate new added date fields

I have added new fields “Travel date” and “Test Date”, I want to validate that the “Test Date” entered by the user is one day before the “Travel date” and not more than 3 days from the “Travel date”, if it is not then I want to push a warning screen popup.

I would say to have two more properties, one to validate “one day before Travel date” and another property to validate “no more than three days from Travel date”. Both properties have formulas that are calculated from the Travel date.

So, as soon as the Travel date is entered, those properties will have their corresponding values, you can then condition the actions according to the values of those properties.

I hope that helps.

You can have a number property in the database which can have a formula of “travel date - test date” and the value should be by default to “1”

Thank you, I had considered this. But I am unable to do any date based calculations, I have searched through the tutorials and help but without any success :frowning_face: I had added a dropdown with the options “1 day” and “3 days” but was unable to use this in a formula which uses the “Travel Date”. How do I reset/default the value of the field “Test Date” based on the calculation on the field “Travel Date”?

Thank you, But I am unable to use any date based calculations, I had added a dropdown with the options “1 day” and “3 days” but was unable to use this in a formula which uses the “Travel Date”. How do I reset/default the value of the field “Test Date” based on the calculation on the field “Travel Date”?

Adalo uses Unix for their time. You can learn more about it here: Unix Time Stamp - Epoch Converter

I know there’s a post floating around where time calculations were explained. I can’t find it right now, but I know it exists. Try to find that one, or use the URL I provided you, which will allow you to understand how the time is converted to a number using the Unix system. So you can then run calculations and convert those into dates.

Thanks for the pointer. I have added a new property “Test Date & Time” and to start with I want to try fetching the value from the property “Flight Date & Time” to this and then try applying transformations to it, but I am not able to get the value from another property, how do I do that?